Goodbye GT86. Ownership review on Page 3.

captain

Car looks fantastic Simon, great purchase by the looks of it. Glad you're enjoying yourself out there. I still like the SL55, such a lot of car for the money. I think that or a 996 Turbo will be my next set of wheels. Unless I can find a really good value 456 that is!

Car looks fantastic Simon, great purchase by the looks of it. Glad you're enjoying yourself out there. I still like the SL55, such a lot of car for the money. I think that or a 996 Turbo will be my next set of wheels. Unless I can find a really good value 456 that is!

Good to hear from you Struan. Hope all is well.

The car is fantastic but the roads are not! You have to leave the city for about 2 hours to get to the twisties so I intend to do this next week and hopefully post a video. The SL55 AMG was awesome was maybe next time.........

After we shot the above pics we drove out to the desert and managed to a) get stuck in sand and I had to push put whilst Mel reversed and B) got stopped by the cops for doing doughnuts in a deserted car park. Type in "Endurance City terminus" in to Google maps and that's the car park. What are the chances of that? I told him I was testing the car and he checked my license and told me to behave..... :lol:

• Like 1

.....I told him I was testing the car and he checked my license and told me to behave..... :lol:

:lol: just a little slap on the wrist then, you naughty boy :lol:

Good to hear from you and glad you guys are enjoying it over there, it was a brave move to go. It's great that its worked out so well :thumbs:

Good point. How is it driving a lhd car? Different better worse?

I know it sounds like a truism, but it does not feel "instinctive". If you are right-handed then holding a wheel with your right hand and changing gear with left feels "correct". When pushing on, in LHD you are using the wrong hands at the vital moment. Added to this, the gear change on the GT86 is not as slick as i would have hoped and I have found myself going from 5th to 4th instead of up in to 6th and other mistakes. I guess i will get better at it.

That backdrop is amazing, it doesn't look real! Great photos and really nice looking car. :thumbs:

Well, one answer is they have all been Photoshopped using different emphasis on each one. The surreal background in one is just lowering the "Clarity" when converting the RAW file in CS5. Others have high contrast, film grain, low saturation, lots of fill light etc. etc.

The other answer is - it's Dubai - it isn't real! The car is on a building site on the Palm Jumeriah behind The Fairmont Hotel and the view is Dubai Marina. None of this existed 10 years ago. If you Google Map it you can see the piece of land I was on.

Photos looks fab, as does the car :)

Just out of interest, is there much outside the city apart from desert?? Have half thought about emigrating to somewhere like Singapore but always a bit worried I would miss the good old british country side :lol:

I miss a blast through the Mendips or Wales as the sun comes up. There is no countryside and it is just, well, desert. You have to go a long way to find twisty roads and then, there's no pub at the end with a pint and a bacon sandwich.

Lucky bastard living there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No luck at all. Just took the leap and now I'm here, work 60 hours a week and most days off as well. Planes fly here from most good airports if you want a piece of the luck.

What's your job ?

Lucky bastard living there

No luck at all. Just took the leap and now I'm here, work 60 hours a week and most days off as well. Planes fly here from most good airports if you want a piece of the luck.

60 hrs a week with most days off :a you must work really long hours on the days you work then, and I didn't mean it like that I mean it as in your lucky to be living there not its luck how u got there