Boot Popper/assist springs Reconditioning

peteman35

Got mine back on Friday and boot pops open without fail meaning no more embarrassing 2nd attempts at opening the boot with shopping bags in hand!

Cheap and simple fix so no reason why you wouldn't upgrade.

Thanks Peter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just managed to fit mine and WOW, I tried the boot several times in amazement (strangely the wife and kids didn't share my enthuisasm :lol: )

Easily the best mod I've done on the car!

Many thanks Peter :thumbs: very fast and efficient service!

• Like 1

Thanks Pete. Very quick turn around. poppers arrived yesterday and this morning I fitted them.

the boot now opens much easier with 1 hand !

instead of, my left hand clicking the button, whilst my right hand lifted the boot up, then left hand clicking button again!!!!!!!

but can I ask you a question, I cant remember how the boot opened when I first bought the car!

now, with 1 click of the boot button, the boot poppers strongly lift the boot about 2 inches. then with the same hand I still need to lift the boot up another 2 inches until the gas struts take over and lift the boot all the way up.

is this normal? I cant remember!!!

or when I click the boot button, should the boot lift the whole way up in 1 movement without more help? with the boot poppers doing the 1st bit and the gas struts taking over from them directly.

I replaced my gas struts 2 years ago from SGS Engineering . and at the time I was disappointed because it didn't fix my boot opening problem.

but then I read that I should change my boot poppers too!

Edited by Red_Nic

As we now have the 5 people i asked for on the 370z springs.

Who would like to be the guinea pig ;)

This person will be without their poppers for a maximum of 2 weeks.

You will receive a set for free but you have to cover the cost of the postage sending them to me. ( £3 for first class )

If you would like to be the piggy send me a pm :thumbs:

First come first serve :teeth:

Got my reconditioned boot poppers back yesterday, refitted and working great. Now I just need to remember that I don't need to press the button twice any more ;-)

Thanks again for offering this service and the quick turn around.

Antony

Edited by Antony

My 06 convertible appears to only have 1 popper installed. Does anybody know if this is normal or whether one has been lost ?

My assumption is that only 1 is needed due to the weight of the boot lid being much less....

UPDATE FOR 370Z

Combinations now on order.

Matched the spring rates with what worked on the 350z as well as a few stronger and weaker :)

If all goes to plan they will be sent back to ioneabee by the end of the week for testing

iSnail... Sooooo slooooooow :lol:

I have a biiiiig ironing board on my 370z, I need the springs yesterday! :lol: