n00b

safc88

Hi all

I've just signed up tonight after browsing for a while.

I'm toying with the idea of buying a 350z so thought I'd check this place out for some tips and advice!

I'm currently driving an 08 BMW 3 Series M Sport Coupe 2 litre diesel which is a great car but before that I had a focus st which I modded and had running around the 300bhp mark and I'm massively missing the power despite the amazing mpg!!!

Anyway, is there anything particular I should be looking for when buying a 350z?

Thanks

James

Edited by safc88

haha I'm seriously tempted, what age do you reckon i should be looking at with a budget of about 10k?

Also, what kind of mpg are you guys getting? I was getting 17 with my ST

Welcome. Best value modern performance car I can think of!

Definitely do it :D

If you were ok with 17mpg then you will be fine, if you drive sensible then you can see an array of 20+ and you wont need to rag its tits in to get power and performance as you would with the st. Although at 300 id imagine it was a handful. As someone already said go for 07 HR engine (313 has the bonnet buldge) just watch for late registered up revs (2 slits in the bonnet) :thumbs::welcome:

Cheers for all the welcomes and advice people!

I've decided that I'm going to put the BMW on the market now, I've had a few part ex offers but they were ridiculous offers!

I'm currently torn between a 350z and golf r32!

I know the R32 looks good but I wouldn't. Too heavy & not enough power to move it imo. I know 4WD is great though but it is also more expensive to fix if things start to go wrong. I know I'm driving a 350Z so you probably think I'm biased but before getting my car I was looking at all sorts, none of which was a Nissan 350Z.

I didn't really know what car I was after to replace my 2003 Civic Type R at the time but I did have a wish list; Heated leather seats, full electrics, faster, great looks and 4wd if possible although that wasn't a must have. I test drove and looked at lot's of cars but mainly Audi S3's and VW Golf R32's.

For my budget I struggled to find anything close to what I wanted and was disappointed with pretty much every car I had seen for one reason or another.

In the end just by chance I came across a local "ish" garage selling two 350 Zeds ~ after a quick call I discovered that the one I liked in black had already sold but I decided to have a look at the other one. I had never really considered a RWD car tbh but after driving the Zed I was sold and so far I'm more than happy with it. Best looking car I have ever owned imo and it drives great. B);)