andysmee's GT4

andysmee

So, after a few weeks of debate I've decided to keep my GT4, and use it as the starting point for what I want it to be...my goal would be forced induction, to put to bed the demons of my RX-7 build which never quite delivered in 7 years of ownership (although at 324rwhp, it wasn't exactly a let down along the way :teeth: )

I picked up the car from a guy in Plymouth who had not serviced it as often I I would have liked, in fact it was due a service, so it was a bit of a punt, but after taking it to a couple of people I trust, and getting an extraordinary full service and MOT, it was declared clean and it runs as sweet as it looks.

Without further ado, here's how the car is starting on its journey with me in Reading..

Andy

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

Edited by andysmee

Looks a very tidy example

Brodit phone holders are your answer - clip on (no holes/glue) to the existing trim and worked fine me in my previous 350's that had no sat navs but used for that purpose, as well as calls. As fitted back in 2007:

XdaO2OrbitinZ.jpg

Looks a very tidy example

Brodit phone holders are your answer - clip on (no holes/glue) to the existing trim and worked fine me in my previous 350's that had no sat navs but used for that purpose, as well as calls. As fitted back in 2007:

XdaO2OrbitinZ.jpg

Thanks, I usually swear by Brodit as well, in fact I'd bought the holder before I picked up the car. However, because of the extra speaker for the sat nav which goes through the panel next to my left knee, the holder both won't stay on, and also gets kneed off frequently when I change gear. Also, in that position I can't see my phone which makes sat nav on it a bit pointless. I'd rather mount the phone in the sat nav screen position, as it makes a whole load more sense, ergonomically. Any ideas gratefully received..

• 2 weeks later...

other thoughts...

stubby aerial - not fussed and not sure i understand the fascination, look at the pics above, does it really stand out as a problem!? a mate also doesn't like the door handles, but I can't see why

number plate plinth - okay, yes this will come off when my number plate goes on.

breathing mods and remap - yep, on the agenda

suspension - reconsidering this now as the stance is fine while I keep those wheels, which I will. ARBs maybe? tyres definitely, as it has Neken (?) all round

The car looks stupid without the stubby, like a dodgem :lol:

As far as resale value and modifications go, you won't get any money back on your mods. I mean the right buyer might pay the right price but if you are going to go for it then forget about resale value :thumbs:

Great looking Zed anyways and love the plans, a decent set of rubber and you will have a big smile on your face :)

• 5 weeks later...

exhaust fitted but can't upload pictures on here, will do on other forum. I've recorded some pro audio of the stock exhaust and will record like for like on the new one for comparison. basically it's silent when you cruise and then goes nuts when you open up, but not loud if that makes sense. can't tell the whole story here

• 3 weeks later...

well...that exhaust note only lasted for a few days and then the mid-box collapsed (or something we haven't quite confirmed yet). After another 600 miles we've established that the mid-box is definitely not right and Motordyne, much to their credit, are sending a warranty replacement at their cost.

Sadly the noise is not nice as will become clear at the rolling road day next weekend!