Worse feature of my Zed..ARGHHH...!!!

WhackyWill

I spent a few hours cleaned my Zed properly last weekend,

Been away for a few days, so this evening as I was going out, the windscreen

had a few leaves on it, so rather than getting out and removing them

I used my windscreen washers...WITH THE HEADLIGHTS ON..you know

what's coming next...The headlight washers have covered the Zed completely

in washer fluid , bonnet roof, boot complete car., :rant: :rant:

(and my sons Golf which was parked next to it).

Job this weekend ..re-clean both cars and write a "sticky" and put it on the dash.

"Don't use the screen washer with the headlights on"..!! :angry: :angry: :scare:

I was actually thinking this earlier, I always end up with a dirty windscreen until

I can stop and turn the headlights off and use the screen washers carefully so it doesn't get on the bodywork. The headlight washers cover the entire car in washer fluid which makes a right mess!

• Like 1

Unfortunately the law here states I have to have washers, so keep an eye out in the next couple if weeks for the first V2 with washers fitted.

Either that or a thread about April with me ranting about the stupid mot regulations here! :lol:

I bent the water tube under the brake fluid cover and put a cable tie on it, no water going to the washers messing my car and when mot time came just cut the cable tie and they work perfect and re cable tied after mot lol

Will this not burn out the headlamp washer motor by the lights if its not pumping any water..?? :surrender:

Unfortunately the law here states I have to have washers, so keep an eye out in the next couple if weeks for the first V2 with washers fitted.

Either that or a thread about April with me ranting about the stupid mot regulations here! :lol:

Where do you live??

Norn Iron, mate :thumbs:

Regs are a little different here with the DVA compared to the DVLA on the mainland. Yours states something to the effect of "cars fitted with xenon lights may have headlight washers and where fitted must function correctly." Whereas the regs here are something like "cars fitted with xenon lights must have headlight washers..."

There has already been cases of Evo's and BMW's that left the factory 10 years ago with xenon lights and no washers failing the MoT, even though it wasn't a requirement back then, so they were produced without them. The only way to get an MoT is to get a ferry to Scotland and have it done there, or buy another set of lights.

Is uk law too that if you have HIDS you must have headlamp washers and self levellers ;)

To the best if my knowledge and what I've read here a few times, it only states that if you have washers, they must work :shrug:

Is uk law too that if you have HIDS you must have headlamp washers and self levellers ;)

To the best if my knowledge and what I've read here a few times, it only states that if you have washers, they must work :shrug:

Yep...my Evo had HIDS but no washers. Asked MOT guy and he said not a problem. If they had washers though - they need to work / as does self leveling (the disco dance thingy that lights do on start up).