Fly eyes kit

Zhorno

Flyeyes is totally legal, they work with VOSA to get it right, well at least they did when I bought the stuff. My last car went thro her last 2 MOTs with it on her rear lights. It doesnt affect the amount of light coming out (much), its a honeycomb sticky film so light still gets out, but allows the user to tint their lights in various colours.

Pros -

legal tints

comes with (or used to) detailed leaflet explaining its all road legal, VOSA approved bla bla for any anal police peeps that pull u over

fun way to personalise ur car as available in many colours

cons -

for keen detailers polish can get stuck in the honeycomb bits and its a b1tch to get out out

also need the patience of a saint to apply and a good hardryer lol

noticed on my other car that on sharp-ish edges or deep hollows it was beginning to crack and stretch back after a year or so

But hey cost me £20 to tint both my other cars rear lights so happy days overall! :yahoo:

Edited by nismo

I have this text off the AA about putting products on your lights

Products on the lens or light source that obviously reduce the light's intensity or change its colour will become a reason for failure – applies to front/rear position lamps, registration plate lamps, stop lamps, rear fog and direction indicators,

Fly eyes reduces light intensity, I actually took mine off as it was reducing the beam so much (it is very noticeable). Obviously the above is open to interpretation, and some garages will fail you on it some wont. Appreciate their website says they adhere to the guidelines but you click the links for the FAQs on this subject and there is nothing there :dry:

Up to you really, you can always rip it off at MoT time if they fail you, but do bear in mind it does significantly reduce the beam.

Like a lot of things there are ways around MOTs and you may not get stopped ever :thumbs:

You will however still be driving round in a nice car with tatty plastic fish nets stuck to your light which will look tatty and affect the output of your already generally accepted pi$$ poor Zed lights....

But your car and your choice ;) Just please don't say they are either legal or look good :p

Sent from the golf club...

Edited by spursmaddave

I had them on, no believe about it, it definitely reduces light output by a significant amount. Not sure where this claim that they work with VOSA comes from because by their laws its illegal ie it reduces light. Honeycomb or not, there is something on your headlight that is not transparent, so by laws of physics the light has to be blocked by it to some degree.

I had them on, no believe about it, it definitely reduces light output by a significant amount. Not sure where this claim that they work with VOSA comes from because by their laws its illegal ie it reduces light. Honeycomb or not, there is something on your headlight that is not transparent, so by laws of physics the light has to be blocked by it to some degree.

Don't waste your time mate, it's what the cool kids all want innit ;)

& ting bruv

& ting bruv

Sorry all I see are letters there :wheelchair:

& ting bruv

Sorry all I see are letters there :wheelchair:

Car-Meme-AliG.jpg
  • Like 1

If you check out the classified's on the Pistonheads site there is an Azure Blue that has had this put on his lights and the photos are not bad so it'll give you an idea. I can't remember what page it's on though but I think he mentions it in the 'details'. There aren't that many Azure blue Z's up for sale so it'll be an easy find (unless the car has been sold in the last couple of days).

• 9 months later...