six months insurance

RafsZed

Cant you just get a 12 month plan and just cancel at 6 months.. Meaning they will refund the remaining 6months.

That would incur the wrath of the "have you cancelled any insurance in the last 3/5 years" question though.

Best bet, I would have thought, would be to take out a limited mileage plan for 12 months. That would probably work out cheapest.

Cant you just get a 12 month plan and just cancel at 6 months.. Meaning they will refund the remaining 6months.

That would incur the wrath of the "have you cancelled any insurance in the last 3/5 years" question though.

Best bet, I would have thought, would be to take out a limited mileage plan for 12 months. That would probably work out cheapest.

Have you HAD any insurance cancelled in the last 3/5 year

Not

Have YOU cancelled any insurance in the last 3/years

It's to check if you've been a very naughty boy and lied then been found out or if you've failed to pay premiums.

Chris Knott

Livingstone's Warman

Prestige

Sky Insurance.

They'll all source you a limited mileage of a "lay-up" policy.

Just bare in mind that if you forget you are on a lay up policy and decide to take a drive during your stated off road period you are not insured and would be in the @*!# if you were caught.

I'd say a limited mileage policy is a better option.

Have you HAD any insurance cancelled in the last 3/5 year

Not

Have YOU cancelled any insurance in the last 3/years

It's to check if you've been a very naughty boy and lied then been found out or if you've failed to pay premiums.

Good point.

Please excuse my brain fart moment. :wacko:

6 month policies do not exist, you'd be better off with a 12 month limited mileage policy.

If you are looking at the cancel after 6 months option, look carefully at that refund you will get back when cancelling, especially if paying via a credit agency. Like most contracts, you are likely to be penalised for ending early.. most insurance contracts are not on a pay as you go basis.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Tel: 01707 642552

Be better off to just get 12 months and end up with another years ncb. I recently had to cancel one of my insurance policies as I wanted to move from a single motorbike policy to a multi motorbike policy after buying another bike. I had paid £60 for a full years insurance on one bike and upon calling the company to cancel after 4 months was told there was £70 or more of "fee`s" and "early cancellation" costs. So it ended up costing me well over twice what I had paid for a year just for 4 months insurance.

I'm sure I heard that you have to have a vehicle insured, regardless if you use it or not, even it's SORN. Obviously breakers etc would be exempt.

Now where did I read that, I'll have to have a search.

If it's off road and on sorn your ok

If it's off road and taxed you need insurance

That's my understanding anyway