New 20s alloys need tyres now

Briggsybriggs1

So just splashed out on some new rims and I'm after some rubbers for them now, only use it as a week end car so it's just a toy so has any one fitted used tyres to 20s on a 350Z before one here? Or any one recommend some mid range ones new?

Fronts are 245/30/20 zr

Backs are. 275/30/20 zr

And do I need them to be ZR speed rated ?

Thanks

They be big wheels.

They'll be expensive tyres.

And yeah, get tyres that can handle the capable speed of the vehicle. Although saying that, you probably can't buy tyres that size that won't meet that speed rating.

I've used BlackCircles and Camskil in the past with speedy results.

You've just splashed out on 20's but aren't willing to buy new tyres?

Buying used tyres is a bit risky, I use scraps for drifting so don't think I'm trying to get all high and mighty. You need to remember that every tyre has come off a car for a reason, it may be that someone had a puncture so replaced all 4, but where is the 4th going to come from?

If you're going to mix and match you need to think about how you can tell if you've got a good tyre or not. A lot of partworn places get their tyres from Europe as their tread limit is higher that ours. So how long have these tyres been sat outside in rainy France? Have they gone brittle? How many heat cycles have they gone through? How many repairs will they have had? Doing that on a set is hard, but doing it on a minimum of 2 sets to try and match them up is even more difficult.

Edited by Dedman
  • Like 2

Think Id rather budgets tbh than part worn as Dedman highlighted. If you just potter about at the weekend only in it and don't have to drive it in tricky conditions then maybe budgets wouldn't be to bad although still not good. I always use tyre-universe or "ilovetyres" both give a range of cheap and expensive tyres for great prices :thumbs:

Dreading the day I have to get tyres for this car, 2 previous cars, I'd just go to Silverlake (Local Scrap Yard) and purchase part worns for £20-30 ;)

Can't do that now :(

Why not :shrug:

Don't know, think it would be rude to dress her up in cheap cloths!

Dreading the day I have to get tyres for this car, 2 previous cars, I'd just go to Silverlake (Local Scrap Yard) and purchase part worns for £20-30 ;)

Can't do that now :(

Why not :shrug:

Don't know, think it would be rude to dress her up in cheap cloths!

Do part worns all you like, just inspect them before they fit them :)

When considering part worns.. If you bought a set of wheels on a forum/eBay that had tyres, would you change the tyres before fitting the wheels?

Obviously if they're all mis-matched that's a different story, but assuming they're at least matching pairs per axle.

I know I wouldn't change them, which is why I would be happy with part worn tyres (as long as I had matching pairs per axle).

On the budget note also.. I used to hate budget tyres but I have used Nankang NS2's now (bought a set of wheels for my other car which had brand new NS2's fitted) and I have to say I was surprised. Good level of grip and that was used both on the road and drifting.

I'd like to try Nankang NS-2R's which are the trackday equivalent and look awesome!