350z new boy from Newcastle :)

Hello everyone

Purchased my very first 350z yesterday. I bought a grey 04 plate GT with the tan / black leather combo which i thought i would hate until i actually saw it. I am very excited but I wont be able to collect it until later on this week which is going to be torture as I am very excited to drive it again - as long as its dry haha

I previously owned a focus ST and I am very much looking forward to owning my first rwd car and I look forward to being a part of the online community :)

i promise not to post about mpg etc ;)

Welcome aboard. The Zeds my first rear wheel drive car that I have ever owned as well so hope you enjoy it as much as I am. :yahoo::D

I hope so. I will be honest and say i am a little nervous about driving it in the wet etc as im well aware of the power this brute produces. I noticed the car has a good set of bridgestones front and back, are these tyres you guys would recommend? I dont know where I am getting this from but I am sure I either read or was told that bridgestones are rubbish - any of you guys confirm or dismiss this? I understand how important it is to have a good set of boots on :) I always had continentals on my previous car

I've never had Bridgestones on any of my cars so can't really comment on them. I've got Falken 452's on my Zed which are really good but now discontinued and have been replaced with 453's which I never used so that doesn't help you either sorry. :lol: I'm thinking of getting some Michelin Pilot Super Sports next time if I've the free cash at the time which are popular & well thought of. :thumbs:

yeah the ST lot all raved about falkens tyres. supposed to be canny good value too - not sure if that transfers to the z spec tyres

tbh my car could have the best tyres on it and i will still be driving like its my first time all over again this weekend, well, maybe for the first hour hahah

properly excited - car is in getting a new clutch fitted hence why i have a wait to collect it :(

yeah the ST lot all raved about falkens tyres. supposed to be canny good value too - not sure if that transfers to the z spec tyres

tbh my car could have the best tyres on it and i will still be driving like its my first time all over again this weekend, well, maybe for the first hour hahah

properly excited - car is in getting a new clutch fitted hence why i have a wait to collect it :(

Just wait till it snows. :lol: Hope you enjoy the new motor and put up some pictures if you can once you've got it back home in one piece. :thumbs:

Hello and :welcome: to the forum.

2004 Gunmetal grey GT? Great choice :thumbs::)

Any plans for the car?

I will be honest and say silver / grey is a colour i never really thought i would have but i took one look at it and i was sold haha

as for mods - probably wont really do that much to the car to be honest. I was just really looking to see what other people had done. I have decided to get the wheels re painted a dark grey type colour (theres a name for it but i always forget) and that will probably be it. Although i am quite interested in removing the rear wiper and i read a guys guide on here how to do it so i will probably give that a bash too.

been looking about and there are some fantastic looking cars on here