Anyone in to Scale models?

GMballistic

Just wondering if anyone else on here shared in this interest with me?. I've built lot's of scale models/rc models over the years from cars to guns and really enjoy making them as detailed as I can. One of my favourite scales to build in is 1:24th and this is what I tend to do my vehicles in so that I can get an idea of there size relative to each other. Thanks to Ikea I also have a nice glass door display case which helps keep the dust off them as I never play with them, honest. :lol: As some on here will know it was my birthday last month and my Mrs bought me a 1:24th scale Tamiya Nissan 350Z "Track" car model. I haven't started building it yet but from looking at it the detail is pretty good and I always deviate from the instructions anyway to add more realism. I've also managed to find a pretty good paint match to my real Zed for my model so I'm going to try and replicate my actual car. The paint I've bought is "TS-42 Tamiya Light Gun Metal" which looks pretty similar to my Zeds Nissan paint job. Should look something like this when I'm done but hopefully better. ;)z_st2.jpgz_st5.jpgz_st6.jpg Any other modellers out there? Pictures of your builds very welcome. :thumbs:

I've got the same model and got also with a N1 body kit with it which I've yet to make it.

I've got a touch up paint so was going to paint the body with that.

Edited by Gudzy

When I was a lad I used to have quite a large collection of Airfix and Revell military aircraft and ships.

I think they are all still up in my mums loft.

I still have a half built 350z RC car at home.

Sados, lol.

(I've got a GTR model yet to be built)

:lol: I don't do it all the time but I find it's a relaxing & enjoyable way to pass some time occasionally. Because I'm a bit of a perfectionist and possibly have ocd as well I find making a 1:24th scale model though can take me weeks. Have a go at that GTR if you can flexib, just take your time & I'm sure you'll enjoy the results. ;)

I used to build and fly RC aircraft a while back. No realism involved but was still good fun putting it all together and whatnot. Until i crashed about a grands worth of hardware into the same tree within about 2 hours and couldnt afford to replace it. Done plenty of airfix as a kid too. Excellent transferable skills when trying to repaint a 350z bumper using a rattlecan :lol:

I used to build and fly RC aircraft a while back. No realism involved but was still good fun putting it all together and whatnot. Until i crashed about a grands worth of hardware into the same tree within about 2 hours and couldnt afford to replace it. Done plenty of airfix as a kid too. Excellent transferable skills when trying to repaint a 350z bumper using a rattlecan :lol:

That's really cool, apart from the crashing part obviously. :D I've never built any air craft but have always fancied having a go although my mate bought an expensive helicopter which he never even got off the ground before it ended up for sale on eBay which put me off. I do have a Thunder Tiger TS4N 1/10th scale car though which I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on. Needless to say it is now a "shelf Queen" and I never use it for fear of crashing it & smashing up several hundred pounds worth of carbon, titanium & aluminium parts. :lol:

Can you buy different parts for them to make it look more unique? For example a V2 bumper or different wheels?

Do you mean for the 1/24th scale model's like the 350z model? If so, then yes there are different 1/24th scale wheels you can buy but generally these are just ones from other models so finding a set of forged Rays might be a bit difficult (http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ec6f13194). You can however use car body fillers etc to modify the original body kit if you've got the skills or use parts from other model kits to make it more unique. Edited by GMballistic

That's really cool, apart from the crashing part obviously. :D I've never built any air craft but have always fancied having a go although my mate bought an expensive helicopter which he never even got off the ground before it ended up for sale on eBay which put me off. I do have a Thunder Tiger TS4N 1/10th scale car though which I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on. Needless to say it is now a "shelf Queen" and I never use it for fear of crashing it & smashing up several hundred pounds worth of carbon, titanium & aluminium parts. :lol:

helicopters are a nightmare to fly. Imagine trying to drive while making a cheese toastie. Bit of a struggle. The planes were fairly straightforwards to fly and nice and intricate to build. Suddenly realizing that your £500 aircraft that took 50ish hours to build has just gone nose first into a tree and is now in more pieces that you started with is very upsetting. Moreso that when i accidentally reversed into my girlfriend :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Wow this is an old thread :)

Was searching through google for a good quality model kit for the 350z

Any recommendations guys

I've done quite a few since I was young from destroyers to chinooks and from wrx scoobies to the mclaren f1 car

Wow this is an old thread :)

Was searching through google for a good quality model kit for the 350z

Any recommendations guys

I've done quite a few since I was young from destroyers to chinooks and from wrx scoobies to the mclaren f1 car

This is the kit I made; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-1-24-Nissan-350Z-Tracks-Performance-edtn-24254-/331073699020?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item4d1587bccc

Tamiya as you probably know make very good quality kits. As with lot's of these 1/24th scale kit's though there is no engine & the bonnet doesn't open but still makes for a satisfying looking model once built.

I did mine in light Gun Metal to try and replicate my real 350Z ~ it's a pretty close match although the kit doesn't have Rays alloys but still close enough. ;)

They're awesome dude, good work!

Thanks Jay. Built a lot of models over the years.

This Testors V8 small block is one of my favourites;

post-20073-0-45762000-1391978269_thumb.jpg

And also my Subaru Impreza WRX Sti complete with full roll cage & race spec. B)

post-20073-0-22483100-1391978321_thumb.jpg

The red car is an Airfix kit of a Mustang which doesn't have the quality of a Tamiya kit but still came out ok. :)

• Like 1

That v8 is such a cool model, have you seen the mini engines you can create and actually run etc so god damn pricey but great to make I bet

Thanks. I've seen those yes. I know a lot of American engineers build them but have never seen a kit you can buy yourself.

If there is one I'm sure it won't be cheap though but probably worth it for the kudos of making it yourself & seeing it running. B)

Got two black Zed models. a Maisoto 1/18 and a Jada 1/32 :thumbs:

You know the rules Will ~ pictures or it doesn't exist. ;) ;) Only joking. :lol: