Poppy Appeal

glrnet

Excellent Graham. My Dad spent many years making them and collapsed in the poppy factory and died a short time after.

He was a resident of The Royal Star & garter Home at Richmond Hill.

I don't know how many of you are aware, but all the poppies are pieced together by disabled ex service men and women.

Edited by 4RE Leather
  • Like 1

A great case. Wear your poppies with pride.

One of the few charities I actively show solidarity towards and happy to pay towards.

chucked a £5 in the collection tin in sainsburys this morning. Falklands vet and a young guy who lost an arm out in iraq behind the table. Allways get a few coins off me whenever i see them.

:poppy::thumbs::poppy:

I need some car ones, but all I have seen are the small ones.

Halfrauds New Malden does not have them.

Neither does any of the superstores local to me.

Can anyone assist please?

Thanks.

:)

The Legion have run out on their site, but there are plenty on ebay.

:poppy:

I need some car ones, but all I have seen are the small ones.

Halfrauds New Malden does not have them.

Neither does any of the superstores local to me.

Can anyone assist please?

Thanks.

:)

The Legion have run out on their site, but there are plenty on ebay.

:poppy:

I wonder if all the money goes to RBL off Fleabay, or some is creamed off!

But thanks for the info:)

:poppy:FOR THE FALLEN :poppy:

They went with songs to the battle, they were young. Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow. They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted, They fell with their faces to the foe. They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them. They mingle not with their laughing comrades again; They sit no more at familiar tables of home; They have no lot in our labour of the day-time; They sleep beyond England's foam :poppy:

• Like 2

I get goosebumps whenever I see that poem.

I was fortunate enough to get out for a ride on my bike this morning and couldn't help but think and reflect on those that gave their lives. I stopped to take a photo of the welsh countryside which really made me think.

Lest we forget

Edited by Fodder
  • Like 1

I always donate in Memory of my Grandfather who was in the War.. :thumbs:

Same here. My great grand father was a Corporal in World War1 in France 1916-1919 (fought & survived through some incredible battles including being at Theipval Woods during the battle of the Somme), ...and my grand father was in WW2. My grand father never really talked about the war though so I don't know much about what he did or where he served. Must have been terrible though. We're so lucky & should be eternally grateful for what they all did for us.

I always donate in Memory of my Grandfather who was in the War.. :thumbs:

Same here. My great grand father was a Corporal in World War1 in France 1916-1919 (fought & survived through some incredible battles including being at Theipval Woods during the battle of the Somme), ...and my grand father was in WW2. My grand father never really talked about the war though so I don't know much about what he did or where he served. Must have been terrible though. We're so lucky & should be eternally grateful for what they all did for us.

Totally agree GM, RIP all those who died.

• Like 1