Distance Buying

350zedd

Any ideas of the best way to clinch a deal on a zed for example say 150-200 mile from home....without taking cash.

I was looking at a bankers draft but you have to give 24hrs notice to the bank.

That means I would have to stay overnight local to the car to pay the guy the day after.

How about BACS? I know if the transaction is between the same banks its quite fast....but how fast? What if its a different bank?

Anyone had experience of this or did you just take a big wad of cash!

Had to do the same for my zed. Travelled about 130 miles to see it. Paid with bacs transfer. Tad bit embarrassing sat there waiting for it to go through but went through in an hour I think. Leonk on here was extra patient waiting for it to clear :)

I did direct bank transfer mate. 10k limit per account (at least that's what I was allowed at the time) so if you split the money between accounts you can do up to 20k (or more if you have more accounts obviously) If you phone up your bank whilst you're there they will even talk you through it and name the transfer so you know what it was for. That's how I bought my 370Z. No waiting around either. :)

BACS is upto 2 hours - but I usually see it within minutes

+1 BACS is very quick between different banks

+2

When I bought my 2nd Z, I paid on my phone app while he was sorting the paper work, it was in his account within minutes

Actually not sure what the exact name is for what I did. Basically logged into Internet banking account and paid it into the other account.

Just happened to look up the meaning of bacs and by all accounts that takes days to clear and apparently doing what I did above would be "faster payment". Useless bit of knowledge there sorry lol

Bought a dog once via online banking. Used the guys computer, let him watch me and showed him the money leaving my account, he was happy at that and off I went with the pup. Took about 3 days to turn up in his account and he was panicking a bit I think going by the texts etc I was getting in the mean time lol

Is there a reason you don't want to pay cash? Bit comfortable carrying a few grand maybe?

Bought a dog once via online banking. Used the guys computer, let him watch me and showed him the money leaving my account, he was happy at that and off I went with the pup. Took about 3 days to turn up in his account and he was panicking a bit I think going by the texts etc I was getting in the mean time lol

Is there a reason you don't want to pay cash? Bit comfortable carrying a few grand maybe?

how long ago was that though - it should be max 2hrs

If you do online / mobile banking you can transfer funds almost instantly, it says up to 2 hrs but has always appeared in recipients account within minutes. Some banks need a varification call (i.e. Lloyds) so make sure you have mobile signal.

Hope you like the car when you get there and all goes smoothly.

If you can transfer the funds into my Nigerian bank account before you go to view the car, I promise to do an instant transfer into the sellers account if you wish to buy it. Honest.

• Like 1

Yep.....dont want to be weighed down by up to £10k . Images of checking the underside while all the cash is falling about being picked up by the wind or passers by! B)

If you do online / mobile banking you can transfer funds almost instantly, it says up to 2 hrs but has always appeared in recipients account within minutes. Some banks need a varification call (i.e. Lloyds) so make sure you have mobile signal.

Hope you like the car when you get there and all goes smoothly.

Havent found one yet...its just that I need to be ready to swoop when one appears! Thanks

If you can transfer the funds into my Nigerian bank account before you go to view the car, I promise to do an instant transfer into the sellers account if you wish to buy it. Honest.

Send me the sort code and account number and I'll transfer immediately! Thanks for being so helpful. :banned:

how long ago was that though - it should be max 2hrs

Only about 25 months. I think it depends on banks too as prior to this I'd had transfers into my account instantly from the same bank as this guys, but money into his took a few days :shrug:

I went to see mine 140 miles away and arranged everything up front, agreed price (re negotiated on arrival as some stuff had been missed), found out where the local Natwest was, and the post office to task it, a few phone calls to check that the PO did tax disks and the bank was open and could do a transfer and all was well, took the owner to the bank and did the transfer, walked round the corner and taxed it, drove home, about five hours in total, with a bit of planning it is doable and worth it to avoid two journies.