Anyone gone the Powerflow route?

csscallum

I've been quoted £400 this morning for a completely custom built Powerflow exhaust system (mid and back) but I'm struggling to find, on the forum at least, anyone who has gone down this route. It does seem cheap but the company are local and very reputable. Is it worth experimenting/giving it a go or playing safe with a tried and tested Cobra?

I went down the custom route but with longlife.co.uk as there local franchise demand engineering have an excellent reputation. Also its on my xkr and not on a zed. I've been very pleased with it. But I went that route as I wanted to design my own system. Spent 6 months researching, then went to see demand and they put my plans into reality.

I also have a powerflow on mine. It was on it already though and cost circa 900 as I have the receipts for it. I love the sound of it but I haven't been in a car with any of the others on to give a rating. Mine is nicely loud for me. Wouldn't want anything louder.

I'm in the west mids if you want to listen but I doubt mine would sound the same as your custom either ???

I may be able to do a vid for you but even that will be subjective due do the mic on my phone and the speakers on your computer.

I also have a powerflow on mine. It was on it already though and cost circa 900 as I have the receipts for it. I love the sound of it but I haven't been in a car with any of the others on to give a rating. Mine is nicely loud for me. Wouldn't want anything louder.

I'm in the west mids if you want to listen but I doubt mine would sound the same as your custom either ???

I may be able to do a vid for you but even that will be subjective due do the mic on my phone and the speakers on your computer.

Buster had the powerflow that came off my car.

Sounds awesome, just very loud

this is true...I bought it off Mrs Keyser due to the fact it was so loud on her roadster...

its now fitted with berks hfc s and I can tell you it is loud.

its a really great fit and well made system.

Edited by buster

I have a powerflow system - headers and y pipe back - it rocks mate, lifetime warranty too. was sceptical before I got it, they usually just make fart cans for 1.0l corsas so I wondered if they knew how to make a proper exhaust lol... but its really good, loud as fook when your hammering it and somewhat civilised when your jus crusin'

I went down the custom route but with longlife.co.uk as there local franchise demand engineering have an excellent reputation. Also its on my xkr and not on a zed. I've been very pleased with it. But I went that route as I wanted to design my own system. Spent 6 months researching, then went to see demand and they put my plans into reality.

I had a Longlife system on my old 106 GTi many, many moons ago now.

I was very happy with it also.

Had a Longlife system too, it was on my MR2 and was very pleased with their service and quality of the exhaust.

More pricey than a non-custom exhaust but you do at least get to choose how it looks and sounds

Edited by longsh07

Well I have just had a quote from a local Powerflow dealer. He has quoted me £550 for full system (complete with Y pipe), going to see him at the weekend, price seem fair to you guys. Paul

As with anything ask to look at some of his previous work. If it looks good, then yep that's a good price. If it's messy and tailpipes don't line up with bumper holes etc then I'd avoid.

Powerflow in Slough take a picture of every job they've done and put it onto the walls in the waiting area, he see's every job as a matter of pride :)

my powerflow on my s14 was a joke the down pipe was made from about 5 bits of pipe all with U clamps and it didn't follow the body route for the exhaust it just sort of went anywhere, and the welding must have been done by a fresh trainnee having a go, Pigeon @*!# wasnt even the term