what do you think of wolfrace wheels?

davedutch

Thanks one and all for opinions, got car booked in with CS to replace clutch and he has some rims I will look at.

Agree i dont want to spoil the look which is why i wont do anything until its been wrapped, then i can offer up different rims and see what suits. Once all done I will post results.

Wolfrace as a company I don't mind, and some wheels they do are not bad. But for me if I think wolfrace, I think cheap heavy wheels bought in halfrauds to go on cheap cars. But as the zed is now a cheap car I suppose we'll see more of it. Someone earlier mentioned the forum getting chavvy. I wouldn't say we're getting chavvy, but there is a real difference from 5 years ago. Peoples nodding budgets are a lot different. Yes the cars are cheaper and the budgets lower, but I think the people have got better.

• Like 1

. Someone earlier mentioned the forum getting chavvy. I wouldn't say we're getting chavvy, but there is a real difference from 5 years ago. Peoples nodding budgets are a lot different. Yes the cars are cheaper and the budgets lower, but I think the people have got better.

True cars have gotten cheaper,, but i think ownership age is roughly the same. As i dont see many teenagers affording the insurance <-- if they did they got way more disposable income than i got that'l be for sure :p

I still like how the OP wasnt flamed off the board for not having the (forum excepted rims) i dont want to hijack the thread but man.. haha i been on forums where it would be flame city if you didnt confirm to "their" norm!!

anyhow OP let us know what you decide on ?

. Someone earlier mentioned the forum getting chavvy. I wouldn't say we're getting chavvy, but there is a real difference from 5 years ago. Peoples nodding budgets are a lot different. Yes the cars are cheaper and the budgets lower, but I think the people have got better.

True cars have gotten cheaper,, but i think ownership age is roughly the same. As i dont see many teenagers affording the insurance <-- if they did they got way more disposable income than i got that'l be for sure :p

I still like how the OP wasnt flamed off the board for not having the (forum excepted rims) i dont want to hijack the thread but man.. haha i been on forums where it would be flame city if you didnt confirm to "their" norm!!

anyhow OP let us know what you decide on ?

you dont have to be young to be a chav :lol:

Certainly not a wheel for the zed. Maybe an Astra or Audi.

Why would they suit a £20k Audi or Vauxhall and not a £5k Zed :shrug:

I think there will be more and more chavvy Zeds about, just have to get used to the fact :dry:

Sent from the Jaaaaaag at the golf club

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

Because they are similar to the optional OEM rims available from dealers, nothing to do with the value of the car. For some reason the zed seems to suit deep dish or uber concave the best.

i agree with the above, infact you find most Jap rwd (drift) cars all seem to be enhanced by a bit of deep dishy :p

im a sucker for Rota's myself :)

Its more what 'expected' rather tgan they suit it, I personally love the look of a standard Zed, I think deep dished look very american and a bit stupid in the UK but there you go.... I just wondered why chavvy wheels didn't suit a Zed, I think they would but not what I would want personally...

A 350z is now a cheap car, people spending thousands on wheels & brakes etc are just not getting it, keep it OEM and you have a really nice cheap car that is awesome to drive, not worth spending hours polishing deep dish wheels etc just drive it :p

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

Wolfrace as a company I don't mind, and some wheels they do are not bad. But for me if I think wolfrace, I think cheap heavy wheels bought in halfrauds to go on cheap cars. But as the zed is now a cheap car I suppose we'll see more of it. Someone earlier mentioned the forum getting chavvy. I wouldn't say we're getting chavvy, but there is a real difference from 5 years ago. Peoples nodding budgets are a lot different. Yes the cars are cheaper and the budgets lower, but I think the people have got better.

I didn't say we were getting chavvy, I agree the cars are now in that price bracket that younger guys who have previously gone for say a VXR or an ST or a Tyre R can afford a Zed, so expect the chavs to outnumber the old guard within a year or 2.

I consider myself to have owned my Zed just towards the 'golden years' of ownership where ther forum was at its peak, but I will still be here in 5 years time arguing with Ekona about tyres and calling you gay :p

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

not worth spending hours polishing deep dish wheels etc just drive it :p

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

I have polished lips and spend no time at all polishing, they were polished at a shop, decent products applied and now all i do is wash and drive :)

I think there will be more and more chavvy Zeds about, just have to get used to the fact :dry:

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

Because they are similar to the optional OEM rims available from dealers, nothing to do with the value of the car. For some reason the zed seems to suit deep dish or uber concave the best.

i agree with the above, infact you find most Jap rwd (drift) cars all seem to be enhanced by a bit of deep dishy :p

Its more what 'expected' rather tgan they suit it, I personally love the look of a standard Zed, I think deep dished look very american and a bit stupid in the UK but there you go.... I just wondered why chavvy wheels didn't suit a Zed, I think they would but not what I would want personally...

A 350z is now a cheap car, people spending thousands on wheels & brakes etc are just not getting it, keep it OEM and you have a really nice cheap car that is awesome to drive, not worth spending hours polishing deep dish wheels etc just drive it :p

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

very true, i still haven't touched a single thing mod wise. I personally been enjoying the car as is! tbf i have become keen on Volks.... but with that said imho if im going to be laying out what could possibly be half the value of the car on rims, then realistically you would want to be owning the car for a fair few years to justify the spend,

i could see it happening you spend a couple k on rims, abit more on a cat back so you spend a few k and i can still see my car being the same value pre spend!

i suppose its all about disposable income

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

You can go stand in the naughty corner Dave, nothing wrong with deep dished wheels :p

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

You can go stand in the naughty corner Dave, nothing wrong with deep dished wheels :p

Works wheels........... :cloud9:

I think they're a bit of a cheap and nasty brand, tbh. Heavy, not particularly well made, and their styles are questionable at best.

Didn't stop me buying a set for my MR2, mind. As long as you know what you're getting, then it's your money and you can do as you please I reckon.

The title asks for what we think of Wolfrace. I think they are cheap and nasty. I know what you guys are saying but that is what I think. I reckon it's a bit pathetic to jump all over it when all I was doing was presenting my opinion upon the subject of the thread, seeing as it asked for an opinion.

They are cheap, heavy, buckle easily, look awful and are only still in business as kids buy them because they are cheap.

• Like 1

The title asks for what we think of Wolfrace. I think they are cheap and nasty. I know what you guys are saying but that is what I think. I reckon it's a bit pathetic to jump all over it when all I was doing was presenting my opinion upon the subject of the thread, seeing as it asked for an opinion.

They are cheap, heavy, buckle easily, look awful and are only still in business as kids buy them because they are cheap.

Cheap, lightweight, look good. Pick 2.

Your the one saying its being jumped on. We all have opinion's. If your differs from mine then thats all good.

Rota, konig, dotz, jade etc are all just copies too. They are heavy too.

I reckon it's a bit pathetic to jump all over it when all I was doing was presenting my opinion upon the subject of the thread, seeing as it asked for an opinion.

Look above. RT says in your opinion and then your the one going at it saying not just mine.