The Zed Community

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

Just been having a look at the Spotted and Flyered page and I have seen a few posts saying that some people haven't really been that sociable when they have been spotted.

I will confess that I have passed another Zed in my area a few times and the guy driving it has waved and I haven't responded. Can I first just apologize to whoever it was for being ignorant? I haven't had my zed long and I'm still getting used to being a part of the Zed Community. Some people (not zed owners) might think it's all a bit silly, but I have to say that I think it is fantastic to be a part of something with other like minded people. I've already found this forum for instance to be such and amazing knowledge base of information and even if you can't find the answer immediately, you simply ask your question and somebody out there has the answer. It's also a great portal for locating parts and contacting suppliers and you feel that you can trust them without question because they are also on the forum and are clearly supporting it.

I know the above isn't useful in anyway, but I just thought it was worth recognizing the importance and value of the Zed Community and of the forums such as this that help bring us all together.

Thanks.

• Like 2

I wave to anyone in anything awesome. I still wave to Zeds, Lotuseses, Caterhams, Imprezas, basically anything I've owned or am jealous of and want.

Sometimes I miss waves from others, don't worry too much about it :)

Hi All,

Just been having a look at the Spotted and Flyered page and I have seen a few posts saying that some people haven't really been that sociable when they have been spotted.

I will confess that I have passed another Zed in my area a few times and the guy driving it has waved and I haven't responded. Can I first just apologize to whoever it was for being ignorant? I haven't had my zed long and I'm still getting used to being a part of the Zed Community. Some people (not zed owners) might think it's all a bit silly, but I have to say that I think it is fantastic to be a part of something with other like minded people. I've already found this forum for instance to be such and amazing knowledge base of information and even if you can't find the answer immediately, you simply ask your question and somebody out there has the answer. It's also a great portal for locating parts and contacting suppliers and you feel that you can trust them without question because they are also on the forum and are clearly supporting it.

I know the above isn't useful in anyway, but I just thought it was worth recognizing the importance and value of the Zed Community and of the forums such as this that help bring us all together.

Thanks.

:ban: :ban:

My wife doesn't understand me.

Maybe, when she takes delivery of her little Smart car shortly - and gets a load of Smart nerds waving at her - she might start to get it.

When the 350z first came out it was a genuine thrill to see another one on the road and waving/flashing was done by the vast majority (although, even then there was the odd person who didn't wave). The aura surrounding the car was quite tangible.

These days - amazingly - there are still a great deal of people acknowledging each other. Yes, 'community' is not too strong a word for it. And a bl@£%@dy good community it is too. The OP is absolutely right about the importance & value of places like this.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

• Like 1

I guess there must be other marques that wave/flash, but can say for sure that it doesn't include The Z4, MR2 ,TT or Celica, just one wave between the 4 of them. Owned an RS Turbo for 12 years and not a single wave , the only car I've had that got you lots of waves was in fact an MG Midget :)

Pete