Loud Exhaust advice needed.

martek

Guy's

I have taken my Scorpion cat-back exhaust off and replaced with a Japspeed K1, running without the bungs.

• Scorpion, was only just louder than oem until booted and a nice sound when booted, but not loud enough.
  • Japspeed K1, i like the sound, but boy is it vibrating!! and it seems to get quieter the more you boot it, anyway i hate the vibration.

I did have a Veilside titanium on my other Z and was well pleased with it, but boy are they rare.

Now i'm looking for something else, but what? i like alot of decent sound to show off the V6 growl, but not vibration.

I have Berk HFC's to fit.

What exhaust do i now buy, that is loud, but not vibraty.

I think it's vibrating because of the Veilside kit or are they all like that.

Anyway i'll have 2 x exhausts for sale soon, when i find something to replace them with.

Guy's i'd appreciate any input.

Cheers Dave.

Edited by martek

I believe the Buddy club is similar to the k1 in terms of volume but shouldn't vibrate like the japspeed.

Cobra non resonated is pretty loud, especially combined with decats...

Whereabouts are you based, there might be someone nearby with an exhaust you want to listen to.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAARP!!!!

That's what I ride and loving it. There's also one for sale in the used section if the others above don't meet your criteria.

Edit: sorry should have said. Purchased from Tarmac and fitted by CS.

Edited by Wasso

Ask Will or SMD. They took my car for a spin.

From my perspective you know its there. Although I have a carbon boot and so the noise is slightly amplified. But I like that.

Whilst on an Autobahn recently I can review the following.

90+ and you really know its there.

120+ and well everyone knows its there.

Cruising at 70 is perfect. In fact take your foot off the throttle and you'd thought the engine had died.

Noise rating I'd say 5-9 depending on low or high speed.

A recent G37 driver had a play with me the other day and he slowed to pull his window down and said "that sounds lurrrrrrrrrvly" :teeth: :teeth:

• Like 1

From my perspective you know its there. Although I have a carbon boot and so the noise is slightly amplified. But I like that.

Cruising at 70 is perfect. In fact take your foot off the throttle and you'd thought the engine had died.

A recent G37 driver had a play with me the other day and he slowed to pull his window down and said "that sounds lurrrrrrrrrvly" :teeth: :teeth:

Ian I need to hear this soon!

er, kin ell, that's a bit rich!

Cheers anyway.

If you want quality and in my opinion the best sounding exhaust on the market, throughout the rev range then look no further. The Motodyne XYZ pipe I've had fitted for nearly 4 years and its been a gem. To get the Y pipe and mid and rear for the priced advertised on Dan's for sale thread near on brand new with no customs charges is a great price. That Zorst is £1,500+ and its a bloody good one at that.

Think wisely as there's only a few in the UK.

@ Humpy - well as I'm moving further south you'll have to come up for the November BBQ fireworks and drive (not in that order of course) and hear it for yourself :)

Cheers anyway.

Surely cheaper than a veilside? :shrugs:

He He not when i bought it from one of the guy's on here for £600, and it was full titanium, awesome exhaust, wish i could find another.

Max i want to pay for a system, would be £750.

Cheers Dave.

I had the pleasure of taking ians car out whilst in wales after following it for a couple of days.

Following it i have to say it sure is loud, you can hear it every time he touches the pedal. But it does sound glorious, both dave and i assumed that it would be too much as a daily drive as even just cruising at 70 you could hear the exhaust from way back. However when we took it for a drive it was far less intrusive that i had imagined. When booting it it is lovely and loud but can be very sensible if you are cruising. It does sound epic and managed to stop the entire town of llangollen in its tracks as we drove through.

If you want loud but a nice quality sound its definitely a top contender.

you could always go down the route of a custom built system....I was lucky enough to get mine from a forum member.Its a powerflow cat back with 2 individual rear boxes coupled to berks hfc s and cobra y pipe...sounds awesome

+1 for BuddyClub, sounds fantastic and I'm delighted with mine (thanks again CS!). See my sig for sound output.

The only time it becomes a bit annoying is on long motorway drives as can be a bit 'droney'.

If you live near Chester you're welcome to have listen although it does also have HFC's in too.

S.

• Like 1

Cheers anyway.

Surely cheaper than a veilside? :shrugs:

He He not when i bought it from one of the guy's on here for £600, and it was full titanium, awesome exhaust, wish i could find another.

Max i want to pay for a system, would be £750.

Cheers Dave.

Who's Dave?

Matt ;)