Arggghhh, bloody useless cyclist.

Bagz

So, arrived home today in a Black cab, paid the driver & went to get out the nearside door. As I open the door, a lady attempts to cycle up the gap between me & the parked cars. I react, pull the door back in, she plows into my parked car and falls off. After I established that she was fine, she goes to ride off, I ask about the damage to the car, she shrugs and goes to move off until I stand in front of her and point out that it's my car.

At this point I hear all about how her life's falling apart and she can't afford to pay anything. We swapped numbers.

Upshot - apparently I'm unlikely to get a penny, so, any advice on the cost of repair to my lovely (new to me) 2008 roadster?

Bit of a scuff to the bumper/front panel, a decent dent on the wheel arch and a weird convex knife-edge line further up on the same panel.

2u3umeja.jpg

7evu7yvu.jpg

a3usyzu9.jpg

West London, happy to travel and probably after a P3 at the same time as I don't think it's ever had one (14,000 miles).

Dependant on funds obviously.

I'd really appreciate any advice!

Thanks,

Bagz

Tgm in fleet did a fantastic job when my roadster was keyed, it wont be the cheapest but you get what you pay for and they will do a near to perfect job.

Rt-performance also did a cracking job with wassos car and may be able to help.

Love the way that woman thought the damage she caused was not her problem, id be suing her so she realised it was, that wold cut the smile short.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/northampton-bulk-centre/money-claim-online

Get her details and get a quote for the work.

Then click the link and fill in a County Court Claim.

I recon it will cost you about £65 but you get it back.

The Court admin will approve it and send the writ out to her.

I have now made 2 claims by using them.

Good luck

Cheers Will, Wembley & fleet both easy enough to get to. 'Near' perfect is worrying though. Reservations?

BBK, don't, you sound like her! When I pointed out that I felt it unfair to be out of pocket for her lack of roadsense (I'm a cyclist & a biker, I'd be long dead without this essential skill), she called me a typical selfish man.

Let's not generalise.

Edited by Bagz

Thanks for the link 4re but I've been advised that she's entitled (but stupid) to ride where she did and that my action, despite not hitting her with the cab door, led to her crash, therefore I'm at fault.

Common sense has no place in law at times.

Never understood allowing cycles to ride on roads, surely if a cyclist hits a pedestrian by cycling on pavement, maybe a small bruise and some cuts at mosts, cyclist hits a car, broken bones and possibly fatal at most. PLus the fact they dont have insurance, i dont care if they have no engine, they still use the road. I remember a incidient local to me, taxi driver in correct lane went to take second exit on a roundabout as he exited a cyclist up his left goes straight across the exit and knocks him off, cyclist claims against the taxi and wins!! even though the taxi cctv box clearly shows the taxi in all the correct lanes, using correct indication and the cyclist wanted to exit roundabout at 3'o clock, so why on earth they on the left of the taxi!

They are an absolute nuisance to to road users and can cause accidents as they just cycle off without a care in the world.

Edited by deankenny
  • Like 1

Cheers Will, Wembley & fleet both easy enough to get to. 'Near' perfect is worrying though. Reservations?

BBK, don't, you sound like her! When I pointed out that I felt it unfair to be out of pocket for her lack of roadsense (I'm a cyclist & a biker, I'd be long dead without this essential skill), she called me a typical selfish man.

Let's not generalise.

Dude, I think she knew what to say and you got done! Sob story, attack the man, blah blah blah.

Oh and when Will says near to perfect he means its the best you can get, apart from getting Nissan to replace the parts already colour matched to your car and its age, condition etc. Which would never happen.

Those two places are amazing!

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid

TGM are outstanding for service work and bodywork, owned by Tom who is an excellent engineer and his brother Willy who runs the bodyshop, have used them twice for bodywork, Willy is a perfectionist, my Zed and my van have both been serviced there and they are great value for money. Give Tom a call and arrange to go and see them, you can kill two birds with one stone. :)

If it wasnt so tragic it would be hilarious in fairness.........you pulled up in a black cab and twatted a cyclist into your own parked car, she calls you a typical man, says her life is falling apart.

You couldn't write it :lol:

Obviously I feel your pain but it has otherwise made me chuckle on a miserable day. I can just imagine the resigned look of utter 'why me' on your face as she flew through the air!

• Like 2

So I popped in to TGM today and the damage will be ~£500.

I met both Gannon brothers who took plenty of time to talk it through with me and didn't mind answering my questions about their race cars. We chatted about tracks, racing, bikes (motor) etc.

Got a good feeling about them so will get it sorted & serviced there.

Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Something similar happened on my road about 6 weeks ago - a cyclist clumped into the postman's parked van. Cyclist had broken collarbone, broken ribs, broken vertebrae and teeth missing and left a dint in rear of postman's vehicle and now Royal Mail are suing the cyclist for damage. Could result in a bit of bad (more) PR for RM if the press get wind of it I think.

The cyclists are a complete menace in my village, we get lots of road race style cycling and my road is used a lot by cycle clubs from all over the north west. Awful people.

S.

Edited by Squee

Sorry to hear, We get race style cyclists in my village and they ride in lines of 3, so I just make sure I position the middle of my car over the cats eyes while overtaking , let my exhaust smash the crap out of them and listen to all the bits of cats eye and Tarmac flick all over them :D

I would turn up on her doorstep with the Estimate and ask her how she intends to pay..!!!! :p

have to agree....worth a shot.

on the race cyclists, three abreast, and b-roads doing 15-18 miles per hour. Dangerous.

Up there with horses riding two wide....only they seem to lurk behind corners doing 2 mph, leaving horse sh*t in the perfect line through bends.....

and dont get me started on caravans :boxing: :boxing:

Good luck with the repairs...hope it turns out ok. You never know, she might offer to pay something towards it.

Thanks for the link 4re but I've been advised that she's entitled (but stupid) to ride where she did and that my action, despite not hitting her with the cab door, led to her crash, therefore I'm at fault.

Common sense has no place in law at times.

But wouldn't it be classed as undertaking if you "overtake" on the nearside, particularly the car had actually come to a stop?

Something similar happened on my road about 6 weeks ago - a cyclist clumped into the postman's parked van. Cyclist had broken collarbone, broken ribs, broken vertebrae and teeth missing and left a dint in rear of postman's vehicle and now Royal Mail are suing the cyclist for damage. Could result in a bit of bad (more) PR for RM if the press get wind of it I think.

The cyclists are a complete menace in my village, we get lots of road race style cycling and my road is used a lot by cycle clubs from all over the north west. Awful people.

S.

My ex got sued by a cab driver because he jumped out in front of it when he was pi**ed and caused damage to the front and the windscreen, the cab driver won, I laughed my arse off when I found out as he was always a **** lol

• Like 1

I ride to work and manage to not cause anyone any poblems, usually in any given altercation with a car the cyclist comes off worse, I take my responsibilities seriously, if I damage someones car and its my fault then I will pay to recompense them, I ride to work to save money to pay for all the fuel my car uses !

And the road tax thing, I pay £490 a year !