Wheel Spacers - not impressed

zabba

Spacers will effect geo, think about it, by fitting spacers your extending the effective length of the suspension arms, this will accentuate any miss alignment present, and it doesn't take much to notice, it will also increase unsprung weight because of the wheel being pushed further out... like adding heavier wheels.

Hated my spacers too...had them on my Rays and also some 19's. My new 19's didn't need them and that's the main reason I got them.

Feels so much better now. The spacers ruined the main reason I got the car....

Would rather a better drivers car than a posing machine!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hated my spacers too...had them on my Rays and also some 19's. My new 19's didn't need them and that's the main reason I got them.

Feels so much better now. The spacers ruined the main reason I got the car....

Would rather a better drivers car than a posing machine!

Completely agree with a better drivers car but what didn't you like about them out of interest, and what size spacers did you have?

I fitted 25mm front and 30mm rear and feel the car handles very well with the extended width.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is the general consensus to fit 25mm rear and 20mm front?

Where's the best place to get the eibachs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, both... :)

We do the 20/25 combo here, please do let us know if we can help - http://cougarstore.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=30&zenid=cc25285859aceff5a06a7463288110a4 :)

Got my Eibach 25/20's from CS, did over 40k on them, 3 Wales drives and I am still here to tell the tale.

Obviously not everyones cup of tea but I honestly thought they made my Zed feel more planted and less twitchy, gave me more confidence not less :shrug:

Sent from the golf club...

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 1

Update - after a very busy couple of months I got the car serviced and had a four wheel allignment check and adjustment by TGM, the allignment was out slightly and the car feels much better than it did although only had a brief drive so far. Been so long since the spacers were fitted that I can't really remember what it was like before but will take it for a proper drive at the weekend.

ive mine on now and not happy with the drive, but my geo was way out before and now it feels even worse, but thats mainly down to me holding off till i get new wheels to get it done lol... and new wheels will be ordered when the rubber is gone thats on the stock wheels, so fairly soon id say now

• 3 months later...

Right an update. I've had the spacers removed, I still wasn't happy with them even after the wheel alignment and as I will potentially do a few trackdays so wanted them off.

The feels much better to drive now they are off, the car feels more alive, particularly the steering which feels more alert and responsive. I won't be putting them on a car again, they really dulled the driving experience for me, caused more tramlining plus concerns about additional stress on wheel bearings mean they are not for me.

I can understand why people put them on, they make the car look great, and my wheels do now look totally lost inside the arches :lol:

• Like 1

Right an update. I've had the spacers removed, I still wasn't happy with them even after the wheel alignment and as I will potentially do a few trackdays so wanted them off.

The feels much better to drive now they are off, the car feels more alive, particularly the steering which feels more alert and responsive. I won't be putting them on a car again, they really dulled the driving experience for me, caused more tramlining plus concerns about additional stress on wheel bearings mean they are not for me.

I can understand why people put them on, they make the car look great, and my wheels do now look totally lost inside the arches :lol:

sorry to hear but if there hub centric shouldn't be any further stress on the bearings