JWT pop charger & inlet spacer, worth doing??

Jared350z

I've been having a nosey around the old internet about starting to play around with a few mods and keep seeing the JWt pop charger and inlet plenum spacers. One of you guys would be kind enough to tell me is it worth it? Experience? Any other suggested mods?

I'd like to just put my stamp on my Zed and I like hearing the different things fellow Zed owners do.

Also does anyone know where to get a bonnet with the bulge in, I've looked everywhere with no luck?

thanks and have a nice day

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Pop charger if you want to add some sexy noise at the cost of a little power. Plenum spacer is worth doing too if you're going to get it remapped in the future. Also, if you have a pre 2006 airbox, get flyboy's velocity stack too - but you don't need to if you change the air intake with a pop charger.

The bulge is the HR model I believe where it went through a little facelift.

Edited by wmr1980

I purchased the Motordyne Spacer yonks ago and its a nice piece, but as I wanted to colour code my engine bay I went into production of my own spacers, which are anodised to your colour preference.

Send me a PM if you want further info.

IMG_8837_zps50e556d2.jpg

There's plenty of people here who've purchased one if you need verification of the quality.

:)

Is it worth doing? Yes but then also get the exhaust changed and then get it upreved. With regards to the bonnet...

:pmzmanalex::pmtarmac::pmcs:Redline%20styling%20smiley-final.gif

Hate to sound like a retard but what do you mean by upreved? I already had an exhaust and aftermarket air intake but the intake is rubbish

Uprev = engine remap

Popcharger will loose a wee bit of power (maybe even flatspot the acceleration a teeny bit) but frankly its far outweighed by the noise it makes. Because of the heat soak...........properly duct some cold air feed into it and you might avoid it happening (but in reality this is very hard indeed).

what would a good pop charger cost and a good make? is it a DIY job or does a mechanic need to get involved? The Plenum spacer, what does this add apart from it looking good?

Only one make for a popcharger as such - JTW. They're around 150 nicker I think. Popcharger is just yank for a Cold Air Intake (CAI) so there are other brands out there. All much of a muchness.

DIY job unless your really really spoddish with a spanner.

You can hardly see a plenum spacer! Combined with a remap you'll see an improvement in performance. Basically the zed engine was poorly designed to fit under the bonnet so the front 2 cylinders get less oxygen than the other 4 due to the slant of the plenum. The spacer lifts it up and gives them more food for the boom.

what would a good pop charger cost and a good make? is it a DIY job or does a mechanic need to get involved? The Plenum spacer, what does this add apart from it looking good?

Pop charger is a DIY install. The plenum spacer will allow a bit more air to reach the front 2 cylinders as they're a little restricted on the OEM plenum.

Zmanalex for the bonnet 100% dont know if the price will be the same as when i got it but will be around £400 for the bonnet. Then you need to remember spraying costs, depending on what colou your zed is you might need the front bumper and wings sprayed. So its upwards of £800 mod. Worth it though :thumbs:

• Like 1

Zmanalex for the bonnet 100% dont know if the price will be the same as when i got it but will be around £400 for the bonnet. Then you need to remember spraying costs, depending on what colou your zed is you might need the front bumper and wings sprayed. So its upwards of £800 mod. Worth it though :thumbs:

I got a silver one so there is always the option of a carbon wrap on the bonnet, then roof, then boot............... you get what i mean. Plus chicks love a good buldge

I've just got back from the States with a rather sexy and well priced plenum spacer as my intention is to get a RevUp done soon...will I risk balls-ing things up if I get it fitted in advance of the RevUp? Currently got Berks HFCs and BC exhaust fitted so have already tinkered with the breathing. I don't think I can afford the remap for another month or so.

S.

I've just got back from the States with a rather sexy and well priced plenum spacer as my intention is to get a RevUp done soon...will I risk balls-ing things up if I get it fitted in advance of the RevUp? Currently got Berks HFCs and BC exhaust fitted so have already tinkered with the breathing. I don't think I can afford the remap for another month or so.

S.

From what I have herd and read you can fit it but to see the most from it, its best to get a re-map. Anyone feel free to jump i and correct me but your engine will be safe until you get the revup done.

I hope Im right as thats what I'm gonna be doing when I get home, if you fit it soon let me know how it goes and what figures you get after the map.

cheers buddy

having just fitted a wasso plenum good god yes. i have a stock airbox with a HKS filter + K2 catback. Now spits flames on the overrun and definitely revs faster and pulls harder. Not been mapped yet but allready changed the car, plus it sounds a hell of alot nicer.