2014 Golf R...

AMT

Now, we all like a b*tch on the forum so this is mine for the day lol. Maybe not so much a b*tch but a ...pondering wonder. The last Golf R, I quite liked the look of, big grils on the bumper signified your in something a bit different, looked good.

Heres some pics of the new Golf R.... now look at that front grill and bumper... and tell me it doesn't say 'I drive a Golf 1.4 Diesel...' lol. It just doesn't look sporty at all, as if they haven't bothered?... They do make up for it at the rear with....4 pipes! ...yet it still doesn't look right or that special. I thought they'd make it look a bit more 'hardcore' than this. Anyone else with me on this?

http://www.autoblog....r/#photo-847560

I dunno if its the straight line grill design thing that VW are flowing with just now, they've got it on the CC too and just looks..cheap to me. :shrug:

Edited by AMT

Dull as ditchwater. And £30K+!

Still, at least you can turn the TCS off on this one. That's something at least, and if the Haldex *spit* controller can be programmed correctly for more RWD-style hooning, it could actually be a great car.

Could. Will still look like a 1.4 diesel though.

• Like 1

All golfs look the bloody same.

Boring as hell cars I don't understand people's fanaticism about them.

I`ve always been one to agree with the above but I recently bought a seat leon FR oil burner (which is practically a golf gt170) as a daily. & I love it, its so much fun to drive, one of the best front wheel drive hatches I`ve driven.

I even took it to LakeZ this year & when we went on a little drive out the Z`s were left well behind when it came to the twisties :ninja:

Our other car is a Golf (2.0 Diesel) and I really like it. It doesn't have a personality though, I could never love it. I'm pretty sure I'd also not love an R or GTI, but they are fantastic machines... if not particularly striking, but then I think their image is mature class and not boy racer.