New toy for me!

rabbitstew

Well, i already have a 220+bhp Renault 5 GT Turbo track car and 3 motorbikes including a tuned R1, but I decided it was time for something red & italian.....

996_zpsa4a8e2ac.jpg

Its a 2000 model Ducati 996 Biposto. In the week ive had it ive just fitted new brake pads all around, new brake fluid, oil & oil filter change, fuel filter change, new cambelts, new spark plugs, done a monoposto single seat conversion and as soon as they arrive in the post i`ll be fitting new chain & sprockets.

Its nowhere near as quick as my R1, but the noise it makes from the open race pipes when you crank it open is just obscene.

Only problem is I need to get a bigger garage to fit all my toys in and my missus isnt happy about me having yet another bike....

• Like 3

my missus won't let me have a bike :surrender:

she asked me what I wanted for my 40th birthday - and i said I wanted to get back on a bike again

you can guess what she got me

Edited by ioneabee

My 748S looked just like that (except for black Marcesini's). Glad to see you've got Termi's AND an open clutch cover :thumbs: (Although I doubt your neighbours will be) :teeth:

Very nice B) Enjoy :)

Edited by 14N

My 748S looked just like that (except for black Marcesini's). Glad to see you've got Termi's AND an open clutch cover :thumbs: (Although I doubt your neighbours will be) :teeth:

Very nice B) Enjoy :)

Excellent, I also had a 748S back in 2000 which looked the same, mine was also a 2000 model. It was actually registered in the same batch as this 996 was, so the number plate is only 1 digit different to my old Ducati`s one. Talk about co-incidence. My 748 even had the same grey wheels though & grey frame which is the colours they gave the later ones.

The open clutch cover is great. I asked my missus what she thought to it when I started it up and she said "it sounds broken". :lol:

Id forgotten just how many people stop & stare at it. Complete strangers will just stop walking along and stand there watching me ride past. When I was filling it up at the garage the other day, i had a guy come out of the shop & stand there for ages waiting for me to start it up & ride off. Im not sure if they are thinking "wow thats a cool bike" or "oh my god that sounds f@@ked"

Edited by rabbitstew

Id forgotten just how many people stop & stare at it. Complete strangers will just stop walking along and stand there watching me ride past. When I was filling it up at the garage the other day, i had a guy come out of the shop & stand there for ages waiting for me to start it up & ride off. Im not sure if they are thinking "wow thats a cool bike" or "oh my god that sounds f@@ked"

Haha. Yeah, there are definitely 'those that know' and those that just think its VERY broken!

Starting and riding a Duke is never just a ride, it's an event. Stop it now, you're making me miss mine :cloud9:

Edited by 14N

my missus won't let me have a bike :surrender:

she asked me what I wanted for my 40th birthday - and i said I wanted to get back on a bike again

you can guess what she got me

gas%2Bbikers.jpg

now I would normally expect that sort of thing from SMD.......................but your not far wrong :wacko:

I can't ride a bike I'm afraid but I can appreciate nice machinery when I see/hear it

Son number one is well into bikes and has just purchased a 999. He rides Philip Island regularly. He's even called his son Troy !

• Like 1

V Twin open clutch FTW!!! :thumbs:

Now I miss my 749 :(

It is funny how many people comment on the noise if the open dry clutch though.

There's a site I got loads of bits off for mine, carbon man or something. Beautiful clutch plates and baskets all made from billet aluminium at not bad prices. I'll see if I can find it later :)

I can't ride a bike I'm afraid but I can appreciate nice machinery when I see/hear it

Son number one is well into bikes and has just purchased a 999. He rides Philip Island regularly. He's even called his son Troy !

After Bayliss or Corser? ;):thumbs: