....annoyed isnt the word....(NOT annoyed anymore!)

SkylineV35

;)20130817_221616_zpsf2885e5a.jpg

Erm... does anyone know of any good bodyshops in cardiff area?

Arguing with the missus... reversed out parking space not seeing a bloody pillar on my blind spot... feel like a total idiot now...

Needless to say the missus is no longer my missus lol

Anybody know if il need a new door or skin or something?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by SkylineV35

a new door will set you back £1200 from nissan, might be worth checking with zmanalex and a couple of the breakers on ebay although by the time youve had it color matched i suspect it will be non cost effective!

how bad is the damage? will any of the denting pull out?

sai

Sorry to see that chap, feel for ya.

Mine cost a fair bit and the rear quarter was £700 on its own from Nissan + Door, fabrication/reconstruction of the skirt, prep and paint.

It wasn't cheap. If you can get a door you're half way there, but for yours its gonna be mega hard to find a donor.

BUGGER! It probably won't help but saw a guy cause similar damage when he turned his new car into the local supermarket car park and didn't see a concrete post as he turned. The crunch was sickening to hear. So your not alone!

Yeh theres a couple of breakers iv found but cant get through to them seen on sites usually 100-200pounds but have to respray etc colour match like u said. Iv emailed Alex i remember he has one for breaking but i cant remember if the door was intact. the wing is slightly dented hence why the sideskirt sticks out. theres no crumple in the door i reckon it could just pop out, but what worrying me is the door takes a good push to shut properly but once shut all the line line up to the rear quarter but the front where it meets the front wing has a 1mm gap, im hoping if i get it pulled out the gap will disapear.

oh man im so gutted, so so gutted! Worse thing is im so angry i cant even express it, usually id prob go apesh!t n swear and stuff, but cant its all bottled up not good!

Sorry to see that chap, feel for ya.

Mine cost a fair bit and the rear quarter was £700 on its own from Nissan + Door, fabrication/reconstruction of the skirt, prep and paint.

It wasn't cheap. If you can get a door you're half way there, but for yours its gonna be mega hard to find a donor.

Yeah thats what im worried about i seen some breaking but mostly driver side damage, a bodyshop said something bout a doorskin..is there any pointor should i repair the whole door if all else fails?

BUGGER! It probably won't help but saw a guy cause similar damage when he turned his new car into the local supermarket car park and didn't see a concrete post as he turned. The crunch was sickening to hear. So your not alone!

Lol the funny thing was two days ago i seen an audi a5 with same damage and i thought to myself, how and why? then two days later i find out the hard way..

Ah we've all been there dude, its horrible when your pride and joy takes a bump especially when it could have been avoided!

alex over on skyline owners had the same thing happen to his 350gt and they were able to pull most of the damage and fill the rest, definitely worth trying to source from alex or another breakers bud...the other option of course is drop 1.2k amd bet the seibon carbon fiber set :)

haha try not to let it stress you out too much if you look on skyline owners youll see ive had someone smash my nearside wing, bonnet blew up in wind and bent entire front end, splitter has been destroyed numerous times etc.....all sent to test us dude

Ah we've all been there dude, its horrible when your pride and joy takes a bump especially when it could have been avoided!

alex over on skyline owners had the same thing happen to his 350gt and they were able to pull most of the damage and fill the rest, definitely worth trying to source from alex or another breakers bud...the other option of course is drop 1.2k amd bet the seibon carbon fiber set :)

Lol if i cannot source il bear that idea in mind haha! Has anyone had experience with mobile dentmasters or anything similiar? would still need a wing mirror though. i pressed fold and the poor thing still trys to fold :mellow:

haha try not to let it stress you out too much if you look on skyline owners youll see ive had someone smash my nearside wing, bonnet blew up in wind and bent entire front end, splitter has been destroyed numerous times etc.....all sent to test us dude

Wow your car sounds like its been through an action movie lol! Iv had bonnet flip up on me before scary stuff!! flipped up on going on to motorway and smashed the windscreen couldnt see sh!t! Worse thing ever!

Mate! Wtf??

Yup I know..im thinking the same thing.. keep replaying it over and over... when i park the car im like oh careful theres a massive pillar tdnt scratch the bumper going into the space... then when coming back i blatantly see the pillar... get in car missus starts arguing about some pointless rubbish... turn on car ignoring her, lean over seat to look out the back and reverse turning steering to point the car facing right, then the worst sound ever sound EVER! crunch grind scraping sound....

That's really harsh.

Send your ex the bill... ;)

Id love to but end of the day im the driver no excuses i should have checked blindspot on my right.... So if you ever see a chinese guy in a car reversing out a carpark taking forever and looking everywhere like he just stolen a car, its just me being overly cautious! lol

I admire your honesty. Most fellas I know would have lied and said their girlfriend did it!

I once did exactly the same thing on a bollard in Greenwich. Saw it, got in, drove into it (WTF??) just think, in six months time the way you feel now will be a distant memory - dont beat yourself up about it

smiley-gets-a-big-hug.gif

• Like 2

ouchies :( are you not tempted to go through insurance?

S.

My premium is already 2800 a year.. :surrender:

Oh cruddy heck, I can see why you're not so keen then!

I have a vinyl cutter and could cut you a larger version of the JDM Monster on your windscreen to try and camouflage the damage if that's a help lol?

S.

• Like 1