....annoyed isnt the word....(NOT annoyed anymore!)

SkylineV35

I did similar damage to my car earlier in the year, though was just the door and the wing mirror. (And the huge hole in my leg) by the time I added up the cost of a door (going rate around £300, and a wing mirror, around £150) it wasnt worth my while. Not to mention that I couldnt get a door in Azure. Though you will find it easier in GM or BS. I know your insurance is high at the moment, but by the time you offset the cost of the new parts, (and your own time fitting it all, if you were going to do it) you are better off paying your excess. (Guessing around £500?) Also, the bodyshop did me a good rate on respraying other parts of the car at the same time.

Full story on my stupid accident. http://www.350z-uk.c...69404-accident/

You were lucky Daryl, hows the leg coming on ?. :scare:

Its all good thanks, the vertical bone is still swollen abit, but hopefully will go down over time. Got a massive scar, but thats about it. (Apart from my dented pride)

Glad to hear mate. It look really nasty to start with. Keep the recovery going. :thumbs:

I did similar damage to my car earlier in the year, though was just the door and the wing mirror. (And the huge hole in my leg) by the time I added up the cost of a door (going rate around £300, and a wing mirror, around £150) it wasnt worth my while. Not to mention that I couldnt get a door in Azure. Though you will find it easier in GM or BS. I know your insurance is high at the moment, but by the time you offset the cost of the new parts, (and your own time fitting it all, if you were going to do it) you are better off paying your excess. (Guessing around £500?) Also, the bodyshop did me a good rate on respraying other parts of the car at the same time.

Ouch man that looks looks nasty =(

Full story on my stupid accident. http://www.350z-uk.c...69404-accident/

You were lucky Daryl, hows the leg coming on ?. :scare:

Its all good thanks, the vertical bone is still swollen abit, but hopefully will go down over time. Got a massive scar, but thats about it. (Apart from my dented pride)

Just read your post...very ouch! And i feel you there on the pride part... :surrender:

I hate how its sunday nothings open! Going to go around a few bodyshops and see what can be done and how bad it actually is, i just hope the door hinge isnt bent, but the lines when the door is closed line up perfect to the rear quarter panel, and the dent looks like it will pop out, fingers crossed.. have driven it since i parked up... i actually took the bus for the first time in ages. Just feel like if i drive it everyones going to think wat a tw@t! lol

ouchies :( are you not tempted to go through insurance?

S.

My premium is already 2800 a year.. :surrender:

Might as well make the most of it then?

Sorry to see the damage :blackeye:

My excess is 700.. iv never claimed before how do you go about it? Do i tell them straight what happened? or do i have to tell a white lie to sort it out? Im fully comp

If your excess is £700 you might as well sort it out by yourself (also, £700 excess and £2.8k a year? Wow), by the time it's all gone through the insurance you would only save yourself a few hundred quid but you'd have the hassle of declaring the claim every year for 5 years.

If you're fully comp and want to go that route just tell them exactly what happened, accidental damage is covered usually.

If your excess is £700 you might as well sort it out by yourself (also, £700 excess and £2.8k a year? Wow), by the time it's all gone through the insurance you would only save yourself a few hundred quid but you'd have the hassle of declaring the claim every year for 5 years.

If you're fully comp and want to go that route just tell them exactly what happened, accidental damage is covered usually.

Iv decide to fix it myself as my aim is for an R35 or Honda Nsx next so i want to try keep insurance on my good side lol

So getting a hold of some parts Big thanks to Zedmanalex much appreciated and ordering some more bits and bobs for the bodywork splitters lips etc, and also a getting a full respray still deciding colour, then some carbonfibre goodies too.

I wasnt going to touch the styling till i had performance and handling sorted but hey its a sign if i ever did see one! :D

Will be hitting heavily into the 'Morgage for a house fund' :boxing: lol since i dont have a missus anymore! haha

Cant wait its going to be Epic! Bodyshop is free at the end of september! so it gives me time to source everything!

Im so excited feels like im going to have a brand new car after this! :wiggle:

Edited by SkylineV35

Contacted a breaker... they had a skyline 350gt and from pictures the body looked mint! But they crushed it and only kept the lights!?! They just threw away sooo much money! Jeez didnt have space in the yard?! Crush the micra or yaris! not the SKYLINE!!!!! :scare:

Only just saw this so apologies.

But if you're looking for an awesome body shop in Cardiff try out Neil @ NSW. 02920 665564. He's done a amazing job on a few of my mates cars now from dings to full on resprays and he's pretty damn good on cost.

I know how this feels. Over 10 years ago I parked a Capri next to a tree, as I pulled out of the space in reverse, clipped the tree with my front bumper, which was steel, nearly ripped the front end of the bloody car off! Then, just a few months ago, we were in Scarborough for the day, in the Z. Rose had literally just finished fitting the bodykit, painting the car, etc. about two weeks before, pulling out of a car parking space on the pier, I got too close to a kerbstone I couldn't see and tore a 3 foot gash in the passenger sideskirt!!!! I thought my marriage was over at that point, but thankfully she didn't kill me, nor divorce me and she repaired the car a couple of weeks later. So, if you ever see my Z parked 10 feet from a kerb getting in your way on the road, TOUGH!

Only just saw this so apologies.

But if you're looking for an awesome body shop in Cardiff try out Neil @ NSW. 02920 665564. He's done a amazing job on a few of my mates cars now from dings to full on resprays and he's pretty damn good on cost.

Thanks man il give him a shout tomorrow and see! Always good to shop around i suppose ;)

I know how this feels. Over 10 years ago I parked a Capri next to a tree, as I pulled out of the space in reverse, clipped the tree with my front bumper, which was steel, nearly ripped the front end of the bloody car off! Then, just a few months ago, we were in Scarborough for the day, in the Z. Rose had literally just finished fitting the bodykit, painting the car, etc. about two weeks before, pulling out of a car parking space on the pier, I got too close to a kerbstone I couldn't see and tore a 3 foot gash in the passenger sideskirt!!!! I thought my marriage was over at that point, but thankfully she didn't kill me, nor divorce me and she repaired the car a couple of weeks later. So, if you ever see my Z parked 10 feet from a kerb getting in your way on the road, TOUGH!

Ouch is that picture in the signature 300zx? Looks nice! Sweet rims btw! :)

Yeh for the amount we pay on roadtax etc they should bloody put neon lights round hazards like that! or those sensors that beep when u get to close.. would save us all a whole lot of money vote me for head of transport department lol :lol: