GTR getting it very wrong at Eau Rouge.

WhackyWill

I can't imagine the feeling though, especially when it's a 24hr race and you have 2-3 other drivers in the team counting on you. If it's a mechanical failure then it probably wouldn't be so bad as you're not to blame, but making an error which puts you into the wall and dashes your teams hopes can't be nice!

indeed, countless cars go off there every year, gt cars and LMPs alike. Heres another two from this year, not a corner to be messed with!

On the plus side, have a great trackday! ;)

No in all seriousness despite the fearsome nature of the track and that corner, i would LOVE to drive Spa. Easily the best track in the world, I am very very jealous of you! :thumbs:

Woah! what speed are they flying around that corner?

Some F1 cars can go through there without lifting off the gas so I'd estimate over 190 these days (it was 187 in the early 2000's). Because of the complexities of the corner they lose about 15 mph by the time they hit the straight. GT cars would probably be slightly down on that 150/160 or so?

Pete

Edited by JetSet
  • Like 1

Thanks for this guys, Ive got a trackday booked at Spa in October ........... :scare:

Backwards entry it with proof it was deliberate and ill pay the tyre bill :lol:

Wide rears are no problem, I had the MR2 transitioning on the lockstops at Anglesey a little while ago, and you cant drift an MR2 :lol: No handbrake on the Zed might make it a bit tricky mind you. :lol:

I am DEFINITELY going to try and drift it though, rude not to :D

As for speed comparisons, check this out:

Edited by docwra
  • Like 2

Thanks for this guys, Ive got a trackday booked at Spa in October ........... :scare:

Backwards entry it with proof it was deliberate and ill pay the tyre bill :lol:

Wide rears are no problem, I had the MR2 transitioning on the lockstops at Anglesey a little while ago, and you cant drift an MR2 :lol: No handbrake on the Zed might make it a bit tricky mind you. :lol:

I am DEFINITELY going to try and drift it though, rude not to :D

As for speed comparisons, check this out:

O.K, my original estimate, er, guess was obviously a bit out for the GT cars :lol: .

Pete