Another newb!

Just saying hi to the forum. Hoping to find a 350Z very soon. But was hoping folk could answer some of my hesitations.

1. Thinking of buying an import from http://www.mackaytrading.co.uk , wondering if any folk have had any dealings with them?

2. Do people think its better to got for a UK spec or import?

3. Is there anything major to look out for during a test drive of these beasts?

Cheers for your help guys.

Welcome mate to the nuthouse.

I had a similar question and had them answered when I first joined... so erm... good luck...

Just kidding lol, depending what Jap version you get, and if you are not too bothered about resale value and higher insurance then I say get a Jap spec one. here are the difference in versions hope this helps :thumbs:

JDM Specs

Base---17" wheels, ABS,Brake assist,TCS,limited slip diff,xenon headlights

Version T---- leather seats, seven speaker bose

Version S-- 18" rims Brembo's and VDc(instead of TCS ? )but no leather

Version ST--leather +Version S spec

rear spoilers/sat nav and side airbags ordered as extras on all specs + loads of other Extras not seen on UK cars like auto fold mirrors ,different steering wheels, footwell illumination etc etc...

From the company you have mentioned Im not sure of, but there are plenty of companies outthere, pm Nixy and find out where she got hers as she got a good deal

:thumbs:

:welcome: !! Think Zedrush has fairly summed it up.

One thing to note if you do go for a UK car you can be pretty sure its had any niggles sorted out (such as clicky axles etc).

I guess it depends on what you want to spend, as with any car as long as you check it out thoroughly it should be fine :thumbs:

:welcome:

As others have said, good to see another Scot on here.

I bought my Z from MacKays, and I was very happy with the service, price etc. If they are still doing the same deal, you get it cheaper if you pay a deposit before it arrives in the UK. I waited until I saw it and drove a couple before committing, and was happy to pay that bit extra for peace of mind.

They do the full conversion, Bimta certificate and so on.

My insurance is no more expensive than for a UK spec car.

Hey guys thanks for all ure fantastic input.

Jim, yeah i called MacKays I need to put down a 20% deposit down for the Midnight Blue 03 Version ST 17k miles for 16,995. It sounds resonable for ordering. But i think i will just have to wait till one arrives on its own. So i get the best deal.

Are they bringing a car over and making a profit on it? I've used

JM-imports (now a member on here) and am paying a flat fee, no profit is being made by them on the car. I've got a little while yet before I get the car but so far it has been a problem free process with absolutely no hidden charges and I've paid 15,100 for a 2003 with only 9000 km on the clock and its a grade 5 which is new condition. I also had the opportunity of looking at the cars myself first until I found one I liked. I could probably have gone out and bought one by now with that money instead of still waiting but I did get exactly what I wanted colour wise etc so that's why I did it this way.

Welcome by the way! :thumbs:

Are they bringing a car over and making a profit on it? I've used

JM-imports (now a member on here) and am paying a flat fee, no profit is being made by them on the car. I've got a little while yet before I get the car but so far it has been a problem free process with absolutely no hidden charges and I've paid 15,100 for a 2003 with only 9000 km on the clock and its a grade 5 which is new condition. I also had the opportunity of looking at the cars myself first until I found one I liked. I could probably have gone out and bought one by now with that money instead of still waiting but I did get exactly what I wanted colour wise etc so that's why I did it this way.

Welcome by the way! :thumbs:

Will try them out and see what can be arranged. Not tied into anything as of yet. The deal you got sounds decent.