Watching impatient idiots get soaked.....

OV53

I love turning up 10 minutes before Halfrauds opens to see the impatient idiots waiting jump out of their cars at 9 o'clock and start trying the doors even though they can clearly see that nobody has been to unlock the bloody thing......and then stand there shaking their heads whilst the rain gives them a light coating. All the while I'm sitting blasting Run DMC - The King of Rock, nice and dry in OV53.

Anyways.....doors unlocked now, time to get fleeced!

We love doing the same thing at Costco, it's hysterical to watch the brainless zombies queue up instead of sitting in their cars. The best bit is that they then take 2 hours to do their shopping, by which time the checkout is solid anyway so they gain nothing.

Me and Jo have taken to the habit of walking past them now moaning like zombies, which amuses us no end :D

In my long lost student days (well mid 90s) I did a cleaning job at the local BHS to earn some beer money etc. The shop opened on the dot at 9.30 every day but we still got the same oddballs queuing at the doors from about 9.15. Never could understand that :)

My favourite job when I worked in stores was closing up, there was always someone banging on thd door desperate to get in after they were shut, just made me laugh..... Unless they were fit females then I always shrugged until they begged then let them in.... got a few kisses and cuddles ;)

Edited by spursmaddave

My favourite job when I worked in stores was closing up, there was always someone banging on thd door desperate to get in after they were shut, just made me laugh..... Unless they were fit females then I always shrugged until they begged then let them in.... got a few kisses and cuddles ;)

Smooth!!

With Halfrauds, Costco et al it's not queuing for a shop, it's queuing because you got there a little too early before it opens. I do that a fair bit with the shops on the local retail estate, especially on a Sunday when I just want to get in and out as soon as it opens, so I always end up arriving 2-3 mins early.

That's why I just sit in the car, as arriving early isn't uncool but queuing to enter a shop certainly is.

A lot of years ago I used to work at a supermarket and had to open up every Sunday, normally this was a pretty dull affair with the usual bunch of people waiting to get in as soon as the shop opened.

However once a year i really enjoyed this job as when the clocks went back you could guarantee that you would have a small group of people who had completely fogotten to adjust theirs and so would start waiting at about 8:45 (9:45 in their minds). Normally I would leave it until a few minutes after the hour so they were getting sufficiently annoyed and then go out to remind them that the shop didn't open until 10:00. This would then prompt them to tell me usually in a very indignent tone that it had gone past 10:00 which is when I would take great delight in reminding them that the clocks had gone back so it was only 9:00.

I have never seen peoples faces change so quick from annoyance to aboslute embarassment, they would then normally go sit in there cars for an hour before sheepishly wandering in when the store did finally open.

• Like 1

A lot of years ago I used to work at a supermarket and had to open up every Sunday, normally this was a pretty dull affair with the usual bunch of people waiting to get in as soon as the shop opened.

However once a year i really enjoyed this job as when the clocks went back you could guarantee that you would have a small group of people who had completely fogotten to adjust theirs and so would start waiting at about 8:45 (9:45 in their minds). Normally I would leave it until a few minutes after the hour so they were getting sufficiently annoyed and then go out to remind them that the shop didn't open until 10:00. This would then prompt them to tell me usually in a very indignent tone that it had gone past 10:00 which is when I would take great delight in reminding them that the clocks had gone back so it was only 9:00.

I have never seen peoples faces change so quick from annoyance to aboslute embarassment, they would then normally go sit in there cars for an hour before sheepishly wandering in when the store did finally open.

Brilliant :lol:

I used to do a similar thing when I worked in a pub/restaurant, but we had to tell them as soon as they started queuing else the manager got the hump :(

I also worked in a supermarket in my college days back when price-guns were still used. A pet hate of mine used to be the same small group of people who would hover around the cream cakes like wasps waiting for them to be reduced - the minute the stickers went on the same three or four people would descend like locusts and grab the whole lot leaving no chance for anyone else to get em! They'd have nothing else in their baskets except a huge pile of reduced cream cakes! :wacko:

I also worked in a supermarket in my college days back when price-guns were still used. A pet hate of mine used to be the same small group of people who would hover around the cream cakes like wasps waiting for them to be reduced - the minute the stickers went on the same three or four people would descend like locusts and grab the whole lot leaving no chance for anyone else to get em! They'd have nothing else in their baskets except a huge pile of reduced cream cakes! :wacko:

MMMMMMM cream cakes!

Keyser was probably one of them :)