Narrowed it down to 3 tyres!!! Help please..

drginger

It only takes one near miss to make you realise that spending a couple of hundred quid more on better tires could potentially save you thousands. ditto pads/discs etc.

What's wrong with the RE050s btw? Seem fine to me...

REO50A's are a great tyre, I had 2 sets but the MPPS are a step up in every area, and now they are the same price it's a no brainer really....

Roughly on costs then you would need to get 10k out of 453 / VUS tyres and 14k out of MPSS (mileage figures are only for ease of comparison and are just made up to show the percentage) to return same cost per mile. I'm not convinced you will get that 40% extra life from the MPSS to make them worth it in that sense...

• Like 1

Read the thread title there and for a minute thought you were only running on 3 tyres.... :lol: too many early mornings and late nights, have got brain fade :blush:

I read it the same, not sure if I feel sorry for you or me that we read it the same :lol:

Great minds and all that :lol:

No love for Kuhmo KU39s?

Got them all round, same tread pattern as Contis. Brilliant on track, road and wet. Low noise and decent costs. (Fuel economy has definitely gone up on long runs)

I have them as well, no hairy Mary moments as of yet.

• Like 1

Roughly on costs then you would need to get 10k out of 453 / VUS tyres and 14k out of MPSS (mileage figures are only for ease of comparison and are just made up to show the percentage) to return same cost per mile. I'm not convinced you will get that 40% extra life from the MPSS to make them worth it in that sense...

You will, easily. The VUS aren't that tough really, which is why they provide outstanding feel. The MPSS give nigh-on equal feel, but last a shed load longer.

Really, unless you are stone broke and cannot afford the extra £200 to even chuck on a credit card for a couple of months, there is no reason not to fit the MPSS these days. They are the best tyre available in all departments, full stop.

• Like 1

You will, easily. The VUS aren't that tough really, which is why they provide outstanding feel. The MPSS give nigh-on equal feel, but last a shed load longer.

Really, unless you are stone broke and cannot afford the extra £200 to even chuck on a credit card for a couple of months, there is no reason not to fit the MPSS these days. They are the best tyre available in all departments, full stop.

Yup, what he said!

Read the thread title there and for a minute thought you were only running on 3 tyres.... :lol: too many early mornings and late nights, have got brain fade :blush:

I read it the same, not sure if I feel sorry for you or me that we read it the same :lol:

Great minds and all that :lol:

Now I KNOW you are taking the pi$$ :lol:

• Like 1

Yup, what he said!

What he ^^ said, and he ^ agreed with :thumbs:

No track action just normal all year round drving with the odd blast here and there. After reasonable wear and low noise etc.

If you're not going on track it doesn't honestly matter what tyre you have as long as they can handle the wet and they're in a set all round. I feel that chucking on MPSS (yes, they're an excellent tyre) might be overkill if its purely for going to and from work, going to see family and friends and maybe a short stint of twistys and the excess cost could be used on fuel or service.

Just my 2p - I'm sure I'll be shouted down!

No track action just normal all year round drving with the odd blast here and there. After reasonable wear and low noise etc.

If you're not going on track it doesn't honestly matter what tyre you have as long as they can handle the wet and they're in a set all round. I feel that chucking on MPSS (yes, they're an excellent tyre) might be overkill if its purely for going to and from work, going to see family and friends and maybe a short stint of twistys and the excess cost could be used on fuel or service.

Just my 2p - I'm sure I'll be shouted down!

Nope to be honest you are most probably right, but say on one of those twistys you go round a blind corner and find something you didn't expect, not saying better tyres would save you but they could and that was always good enough for me. I never set tyre on a track but in 3.5 years spent £1.6k on rubber, small change really in the grand scheme if things....

• Like 1

I have recently gone from 18" Re050 to 19" MPS2, the ride is better despite smaller sidewalls there is a load more communication. a friend of mine had vreds and then kumho on his E39 M5 got 6k and 4k respectively, i got 11k out of Bridgestones and still had 3.5mm on the rear when i finally changed my wheels. surely buying cheaper tyres is a false economy.

I have Falken 453s on the rear of my zed. So far so good. Good price vs performance. A little bit edgy in the wet but they have a predictable feel about them. Had them on the track too- it was a very hot / dry day though.

The Vred Ultra Sessantas are class tyres. Amazing grip in the dry and wet. I ran them on my GT (225s) so I have no idea what they are like on a Zed. The soft compound of them means they didn't last too long. I think I got about 8,100 miles out of them on a front wheel drive with 140bhp /120 lb ft torque.

Edited by GT Driver