PC specs

Dave-350

This takes me back to my pc days. However I got bitten by the apple bug many moons ago so all appled up now, however i did upgrade the ram to 12gb, about the most tinkering you can do without removing the screen and even then u don't have much to mod :(

Sill have my old PC bit of a dinosaur by today's standards, upgraded ram and graphics a few years back for flight sim x and ran like a dream, now its a backup server for Lightroom when editing on my mac :)

U have a nice rig, hope u don't get any leaks :)

Edited by fellsteruk

Here are some screens of in game, pics are compressed but you get the idea.

Specs

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2zs9u8n.jpg

Skyrim with Nexus Mods

http://oi42.tinypic.com/o6mpuo.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2u4lqog.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/28qpyk4.jpg

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/607-2-1356358435.jpg

Can put some up of Grid 2 also!

Edited by Dave-350

When are games consoles actually going to keep up with desktops... I was a loyal pc guy in my teens, then got sick of all the issues so bought xbox. No problems at all... But graphics are like 100years old compared to pc

Never, PC components get updated every few months. When I got my GTX670 a new card came out the following month.

Good thing is that my card will play any game on Ultra settings, so makes no odds if a more powerful card comes out.

The PS4 will already be old compared to what will be available when its released.

Consoles are convenient, PC gaming online though is 10x harder if you like games like BF or COD.

My PC has some kind of i7, as much RAM as I could fit into it and a couple of SSDs and a couple of normal hard drives. I've no idea what gfx card it has, nor sound card. Sadly, I stopped caring about PC tech a few years ago, and now I just use it for interwebbing and photo/video editing. My consoles are for my games, no need to faff around with silly settings chasing that extra 1fps and 1080p on a 55" telly is better than billionty res on a 27" monitor.

I used to love all the tech and modding, I was heavily into that scene back in the day via PC Format and the forums there.

Bm, I had no idea you were a PC guy too heh.

Mines as follows,

Intel i5 OC'd to 4.5Ghz (with all in one water cooler)

16GB of Corsair Balistix tracer ram

128GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

3TB Western Digital HDD

Asus P8Z67 VPro Gen 3 motherboard

Gigabyte (NVidia) 680GTX Graphics (again, overclocked)

Asus Xonar 7.1 surround sound card

Logitech Z906 Surround Sound system

I have a separate machine for....downloading... which is as follows

Intel i3 (under clocked)

Cooled by EK H30 240 Water-cooling kit

4 GB of Corsair (blue) Vengeance RAM

128GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

1TB Samsung HDD

Asus P8H77 mini ITX motherboard

Hand braided white and blue cables through the whole machine (NEVER TRY THIS, 30-40 hrs work for a mini ATX machine....)

Il have to get some photos later on for you all. The second machine is on 24/7 so is optimised for cool, silent and above all power sipping. It only does downloading so no need for massive power, still, not that the i3 is underpowered, and it has some decent RAM.

Edited by cs2000

I've got a few machines, nothing very high spec though. My main machine is a 3.0ghz 8 core AMD bulldozer with a 440GT card, 4 gb of Ram and a couple of 1tb hard drives. The one alongside it is a Phenom 4 core with a 240GT card, 2gb of Ram and a couple of Hard drives, 1tb and 600mb, I have a KVM to switch from machine to machine. I did have 460 cards in both of these but my electric bill rocketed as I tend to leave them on 24/7.

Pete

heh, im a lurker over there, the forum seems a little slow.

Their hardware is damn good though, so says my account history to the tune of several k in past orders.

Edited by cs2000

Bm, I had no idea you were a PC guy too heh.

Mines as follows,

Intel i5 OC'd to 4.5Ghz (with all in one water cooler)

16GB of Corsair Balistix tracer ram

128GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

3TB Western Digital HDD

Asus P8Z67 VPro Gen 3 motherboard

Gigabyte (NVidia) 680GTX Graphics (again, overclocked)

Asus Xonar 7.1 surround sound card

Logitech Z906 Surround Sound system

Intel i3 (under clocked)

128GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

1TB Samsung HDD

Hand braided white and blue cables through the whole machine (NEVER TRY THIS, 30-40 hrs work for a mini ATX machine....)

Il have to get some photos later on for you all. The second machine is on 24/7 so is optimised for cool, silent and above all power sipping. It only does downloading so no need for massive power, still, not that the i3 is underpowered, and it has some decent RAM.

Photos of my beasty machine

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

And here, photos of my little torrent machine. It has remote controlled RBG lighting, I like purple as it makes the baby blue coolant pop a little ;) Also had to get a window water jet cut into the side as there wadnt one there as standard, no idea why!

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

Intel i3 (under clocked)

128GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

1TB Samsung HDD

For downloading?!? I use my NAS box as a torrent client, 500Mhz ARM processor with 64MB RAM is plenty and uses f'all power.