PC specs

Dave-350

Nvidia gtx 670 2gb :)

just upgrade to a Intel i5 4570 (haswell), 8GB ram and asrock H87-pro4 motherboard :)

Ah similar to me.

I have an MSI gtx670 also, 8gb ballistix RAM and i5 3rd gen.

Just picked up another SSD HDD yesterday as I went to a nVidia open day at novatech Portsmouth.

Nvidia gtx 670 2gb :)

just upgrade to a Intel i5 4570 (haswell), 8GB ram and asrock H87-pro4 motherboard :)

Ah similar to me.

I have an MSI gtx670 also, 8gb ballistix RAM and i5 3rd gen.

Just picked up another SSD HDD yesterday as I went to a nVidia open day at novatech Portsmouth.

Nice :)

BF3 looks awesome on ultra settings B) (pity the multiplayer is still flawed after 18months, poor hitreg and lag compensation)

Ah, some fellow geeks.

I'm currently running an i7, 16gb of DDR3, Gigabyte Z68 mobo, HIS 7950, 128gb SSD and 8tb of storage.

Have you tried Bioshock Infinite? Is awesome! Despite the rig, I still can't run Crysis 3 with all the bells and whistles cranked up without some slowdown :S

Ah, some fellow geeks.

I'm currently running an i7, 16gb of DDR3, Gigabyte Z68 mobo, HIS 7950, 128gb SSD and 8tb of storage.

Have you tried Bioshock Infinite? Is awesome! Despite the rig, I still can't run Crysis 3 with all the bells and whistles cranked up without some slowdown :S

Have you modded Crysis? I am running a few Nexus mods on Skyrim currently and frame rates have dropped, but the GTX 670 shouldn't really struggle with it.

I think we have gone a bit off topic as this is a For Sale thread, so maybe we should start a new thread? :)

You guys got any advice on what to do with old PC's? I've got a self built rig but it's a few years old now and don't use it. It had decent specs at the time (First gen Athlon x64 quadcore cpu 3.0Ghz, 8 GB DDR II 1066Mhz, AMD 4870 (2 actually that can be put in cross fire but I just use one for the low noise), OCZ vertex SSD, OCZ 1000W PSU, Antec case, fan controllers etc) So far I'm just thinking of throwing it away but it seems such a waste. I can't see myself using it again as I've just purchased an Alienware M17X R4 which runs superb (I know it's overpriced and gimmicky but it does everything I need and got it at a good price).

Old PCs - ebay with the kit unless it is REALLY old.

You could always run an old PC as a bittorrent server / switch / media server or folding setup too.

I tend to upgade every 18 months or so which I found to be the sweet spot to still recoup some cash for the 'old' kit (which would've been cutting edge when bought)

Moore's law = a b@stard when it comes to finances!!

Any of you guys running decent driving rigs? Got myself a Forge GT setup and loving modded Shift 2 using the Polish Tyre mod - almost like real driving

Edited by downhuman

You guys got any advice on what to do with old PC's? I've got a self built rig but it's a few years old now and don't use it. It had decent specs at the time (First gen Athlon x64 quadcore cpu 3.0Ghz, 8 GB DDR II 1066Mhz, AMD 4870 (2 actually that can be put in cross fire but I just use one for the low noise), OCZ vertex SSD, OCZ 1000W PSU, Antec case, fan controllers etc) So far I'm just thinking of throwing it away but it seems such a waste. I can't see myself using it again as I've just purchased an Alienware M17X R4 which runs superb (I know it's overpriced and gimmicky but it does everything I need and got it at a good price).

Strip it down to parts and put them on eBay or feel free to donate it to me :D

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I've already got a media network set up that I'm happy with. Guess I'll stick it up on ebay as a complete system and see if I can get £250 for it, if not I will Ebay the parts and if it still doesn't go then I may give Gudzy a few bits and the rest to my nephew as a PC for uni. Seems such a shame as it still runs all the latest games with no problems and cost over £2000 when I bought it which was about 3 years ago.

sell it to a friend/work mate etc or ebay all the parts but maybe keep the SSD :)

I find the i7 overkill for what I need, so just got an i5 2500 and overclocked it to just over 3GHz.

On a P67 Sabertooth, with 16 GB RAM.

Running an older EVGA HydroCopper GTX470.

IMG_1913.jpg

Just out of interest, what sort of tempretures do the internal sensors return under "spirited driving" conditions?

I find the i7 overkill for what I need, so just got an i5 2500 and overclocked it to just over 3GHz.

On a P67 Sabertooth, with 16 GB RAM.

Running an older EVGA HydroCopper GTX470.

IMG_1913.jpg

Just out of interest, what sort of tempretures do the internal sensors return under "spirited driving" conditions?

Temps max out at 44C while running Prime95 putting 100% load on all cores for an hour