Owned the car for a month now... see what I've done. [ PIC HEAVY ]

lewisdavid_

Hey guys,

So some might have seen my hello thread where i showed a pic of my rx8 i had prior to getting the 350.

As a recap here it is:

image.jpg

img1617zu.jpg

I had the whole thing rebuilt and learnt loads whilst owning it and entering a fair few shows !

Anyway it came to point where i needed a change.. and I had always wanted a 350z ever since i passed.

So.. i bought one.. a nice dark silver 350z GT with 32k on the clock and a heck of a lot of scratches and dings and damage but i knew it was going to be a project so bought it anyway :p..

and here she was :D:

5941_10152929007600082_85295312_n.jpg

pretty standard .. couldnt stay like that too long.

so i bought some Rota Drifts from a club member and treat myself to some coilovers.

IMG_0092.jpg

purdy

Then she sat like this for a couple of days whilst i pulled out my interior plastics for painting.

IMG_0116.jpg

anyway without using all the prep pics and finishing pic i pulled out my interior plastics and painted them a gloss black turned out ok for a home job.

IMG_0072.jpg

Then on the way home from work decided to pop into halfrauds and pickup a new stereo and order all the leads and stuff to make it work with my wheel blah blah...

IMG_0076.jpg

So there she was.. new interior bits.. new exterior bits. and i still wasnt happy.. so..

away she went to elite bodyworx for a full respray ;)

( now i know some of you might hate this but its all personal choice i hit alot of shows and i want to be different so.. each to their own )

told them to do the following:

paint my spare centre console ,

paint my spare rear covers ( z bar etc )

smooth the ariel out

smooth the badges off

smooth the wiper hole

repair all the damage

Fit a full powerflow exhaust system

full respray

and away she goes for 2 weeks :)

i couldn't wait that long without a car.. SOOOO i booked a holiday with the mrs and sat around on beaches while the worked HAHA

IMG_0405.jpg

wheyyyyy haha portugal was nice

so they cracked on...

IMG_0478.jpg

and here is the colour i decided on ;)..

IMG_0476.jpg

oh my i know !

IMG_0479.jpg

and heres one from when i got her home after the holiday

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

So all i have left now is some camber and the interior retrim and i should be about happy.. haha but we will see :D..

Thanks for looking/reading

Edited by lewisdavid_
  • Like 4

Once I seen the can of paint I was ready to hate it, but it actually looks great :thumbs: however I do think the centre lip would look better in black :)

see i thought this too, the cream grows on you ! and my interior console and the seats are having cream done on them so might pull it together.. failing that.. its alot easier to get black vinyl than it is a nice glossy cream haha

thanks again guys :) hope to meet some of you at any meets :D

Definitely a good idea, owning the car is only half the fun, its the friend you make and the social side thats the main factor.

Where abouts are you based, im sure there will be some meets local to you. If not you have zed and can travel :)