WARNING..WARNING..WARNING.

WhackyWill

Just an update for the skeptical among us, today the Insurance Accessor confirmed that 85% of BMW,s

stolen in the UK are to order by Eastern European gangs.

Also their latest is target is "white vans" and as many motorcycles as they can get in one before it goes into the container...!!!! :scare: :scare:

Just an update for the skeptical among us, today the Insurance Accessor confirmed that 85% of BMW,s

Also their latest is target is "white vans" and as many motorcycles as they can get in one before it goes into the container...!!!! :scare: :scare:

show me your source of proof.

So? How is that relevant to what happened down your road, unless you've got proof that it was those bloody foreigners with their wash mitts near you coming over here and stealing our cars, jobs, women and Curly Wurlies.

Again, this is just an absolute nonsense thread with a nonsense title warning about nothing more than being stupid. Cars get stolen every day, credit cards get cloned every day, little old ladies get mugged every day. Even if it was a single racial group carrying out these crimes, are you just going to completely avoid anyone who might possibly be from there? I bet my house that there's more crime committed by white Brits than any other race in the UK, and I'll include car crime in that too. Doesn't mean I'm going start a thread saying WARNING WARNING SKINHEAD IN HOODIE IS GOING TO RAPE YOUR HAMSTER IF YOU LEAVE THE BACK DOOR UNLOCKED AND THE CAGE OPEN.

It's akin to those ridiculous email virus hoax warnings that rotate every few months or so, or the "Facebook is changing their privacy settings, please do X, Y and Z to stop it" crap that circulates. All it does is mean that when there is a real danger of something bad happening, people just ignore it because they're so used to seeing it.

I don't doubt your intentions were good Will, but perhaps a more useful thread would've had the title "Surge of car thefts in London N10" and the body text "There's been a lot of high-value cars stolen in N10 recently, please make sure your vehicle is secure at all times" or just something that wasn't blatantly trolling at pointing the finger with zero proof at a specific race of people.

• Like 6

Nicking cars has gone hi-tech. Last week an Essex villain was busted in London for stealing more than 150 cars worth nearly £4million.

It was the biggest car theft ring the Met’s stolen car squad had ever seen. But Mr Essex isn’t the only crim at it.

If your car has an electronic key or keyless entry system, you’re at risk. Eastern European gangs are targeting virtually every BMW, particularly 320 and 330 M Sport models, keyless Fiestas, Audi Q7s, Range Rovers, even Mercedes Sprinter and Transit vans.

The scam is simple. Crims buy car-key programming devices (the internet is full of them) and pick their victim.

As the innocent motorist tries to lock the car, the signal is blocked by an RF jammer. The punter walks away, unknowingly leaving the car open, the crim then plugs an information reader into the onboard diagnostic socket and reprograms a blank key and drives it away.

Most vans end up in Poland and Lithuania. Cars are broken into parts and shipped round the world, while high-end stuff goes to Russia. The only defence is a steering column lock, like Krooklok or Autolok. A visible anti-theft lock will make any blagger think again.

The problem centres around easily-bought key programmers. Key data is available because EU law says manufacturers have to share technical info with independent garages ...and reprogramming blank keys is easy.

Some insurance companies aren’t paying out because a key has been used and claim it’s the owner’s fault. Another scam is if you see a note under the wiper of your posh wheels from a motorist who’s dinged your car, don’t accept his offer of a dent bloke to sort it out. He’ll come, fix the scratch and slip in a key reader. A month later your pride and joy’s gone.

Park near CCTV, or where there are plenty of people, and double-check your car has locked itself. And remember, if you’re leaving it somewhere vulnerable, put on a steering wheel lock.

I REST MY CASE EKONA. THE ABOVE IS FROM MY LOCAL PAPER.

Nicking cars has gone hi-tech. Last week an Essex villain was busted in London for stealing more than 150 cars worth nearly £4million.

It was the biggest car theft ring the Met’s stolen car squad had ever seen. But Mr Essex isn’t the only crim at it.

If your car has an electronic key or keyless entry system, you’re at risk. Eastern European gangs are targeting virtually every BMW, particularly 320 and 330 M Sport models, keyless Fiestas, Audi Q7s, Range Rovers, even Mercedes Sprinter and Transit vans.

The scam is simple. Crims buy car-key programming devices (the internet is full of them) and pick their victim.

As the innocent motorist tries to lock the car, the signal is blocked by an RF jammer. The punter walks away, unknowingly leaving the car open, the crim then plugs an information reader into the onboard diagnostic socket and reprograms a blank key and drives it away.

Most vans end up in Poland and Lithuania. Cars are broken into parts and shipped round the world, while high-end stuff goes to Russia. The only defence is a steering column lock, like Krooklok or Autolok. A visible anti-theft lock will make any blagger think again.

The problem centres around easily-bought key programmers. Key data is available because EU law says manufacturers have to share technical info with independent garages ...and reprogramming blank keys is easy.

Some insurance companies aren’t paying out because a key has been used and claim it’s the owner’s fault. Another scam is if you see a note under the wiper of your posh wheels from a motorist who’s dinged your car, don’t accept his offer of a dent bloke to sort it out. He’ll come, fix the scratch and slip in a key reader. A month later your pride and joy’s gone.

Park near CCTV, or where there are plenty of people, and double-check your car has locked itself. And remember, if you’re leaving it somewhere vulnerable, put on a steering wheel lock.

pics or it didnt happen.

_68776467_68776466.jpg

Media playback is unsupported on your device

_68776467_68776466.jpg

Police from eastern Europe are helping British police tackle crime

Eastern European police help tackle crime in Britain

17 July 2013 Last updated at 10:04 BST

Police officers from Poland, Romania and Lithuania are out on patrol in the UK to help clamp down on criminal gangs from eastern Europe.

They have been working alongside British police forces, checking cars and their drivers to see if they are wanted for offences in their home countries.

So far they have made over 50 arrests.

Jo Black reports.

My mate was worried last year as he has a Beemer, BMW responded with software update which prevented the thefts

What's the next bit of sensational news?

***STOP PRESS***STOP PRESS***STOP PRESS***

Chinese man spotted that can pronounce........."R"

Edited by BulletMagnet
  • Like 3

Steering columns and autoocks can be broken into in 5-10mins, crowbar or fat flatblade screwdriver and hammer, if i was a car thief i would go for a car with auto lock bar as id think its the only source of protection the car has... i remember snapping my key in the ignition of a car once and i broke the steering lock after 5mins and ripped out the ignition barrel and started it 15mins flat lol

• Like 1

My mate was worried last year as he has a Beemer, BMW responded with software update which prevented the thefts

Its funny how they cant isnt it lol they usually replace R with a W and make a choking noise! :lol:

Its funny how they cant isnt it lol they usually replace R with a W and make a choking noise! :lol:

Reminds me of this

I shouldn't laugh, but the American woman was so stupid she bloody read it out.