I've bough an import that appears to have full uk gt spec, wondering whats going on?

champy

Hey guys, just bought a zed, its an import but it appears to have full uk GT spec and none of the original Jap stuff.

For example, it has cruise control, headlight washers side airbags, spoiler, 7 speaker bose system but with no aux input on the radio which i think was standard on the JDM one.

It does not have mirrors that fold in when turned off, or mirrors that tilt down when in reverse.

It definitely is an import as it has an import record and Jap manual, but I'm just wondering how this has come about. Do you think someone bought it and then retrofitted it?

I thought he said he didn't have the auto tilt feature..... Is it possibly a "euro" RHD import as opposed to JDM? I've heard of that on other marques

Ha yeah I did say it doesn't have the tilt down mirrors. Are these standard on JDM's?

I don't think its a euro import as it actually has warnings in Japanese on the sun visors.

It's probably a seriously high specced jdm, they had a lot more optional extras out there, mine for instance has brembos, Bose and a factory alarm, or it could be a mix of both high specced and retro fitted when imported with a few bits

Crash repaired :lol: :lol:

@*!#! What if it has been crashed repaired, how would I check for this?

check for different colour paints on the innside of panels, doors etc, check panel gaps, look underneather are there areas that look out of place, like more clean that other areas, usually a sign of replaced parts. are bits missing or bent in hidden places like under the undertray.