Off to the Nurburgring

shire350Z

Just on our way now down to Dover, on a road trip to the ring unfortunately it's not in the zed but were going for the F1 so not to bad ;) hopefully will be coming next year in the zed! Cant wait for it now will try get a few pics up!

Took my zed around europe a couple of weeks ago, 2300 miles of stelvio / fulka / route napoleon and it was just epic. Changed my view of what the car is capable of and just how well engineered it is. Does the GT and sports racer thing equally well. Friends took a 997 GT3 and Caterham 1.8. Both were shocked at how it kept up on both the straights and the twisty bits. A seriously under-rated machine...

We hired a suzuki sport for the ring, and that was plenty fast enough. Less is more out there so be careful with the zed, it's a seriously challenging (make that terrifying) track.

Arran, think I spotted you heading to the ring when I was leaving. did keep an eye out for you at 5.15 when I started but couldn't see you. I bought a HD action csm for the event but its about 1.1 gb, doubt I could upload to this forum. I agree with you about the z on a course. I was overtaking quite a few.... bizarrely I got destroyed by a Suzuki swift! lots of Renault meganes going around.

heading back to the UK today, definately need to do it again. just next time with uprated brakes. everything is standard on my car except an impul exhaust.

I got on the ring on saturday about 6.10 after queuing, then sunday was on first thing. Saw a blue 04 plate in the car park, a grey 55 plate at pistenklaose saturday night and another grey 04/54 at the side of the car park round the back