M135i - Very impressed!

370Ad

Had some 'fun' with one of these recently..... :ninja:

My mate had to use his phone app on the reg to find out what it was.....which is when I realised that was the reason I couldn't shake him.

3 Litre 6 cylinder turbo with 320bhp and 332lb.ft which equates to 0-62 in 4.9 seconds

http://www.topgear.com/uk/bmw/1-series/road-test/m135i-driven

I won't go into detail on an open forum but it was a very capable car and ended in a thumbs up and a flash of the lights so all good fun.

Can't believe this wasn't given a full on M badge tbh! Specs aren't too far off a V8 M3.

Shame they still look like a 1 Series... lol They are annoyingly fast though :dry:

Those were my exact thoughts! What an absolute awesome machine.....

bmw-m135i-01.jpg

But I just couldn't walk away from that in the car park and think 'Yeah that's mine'......more of a school run car :(

It is a shame they look so dull as its one hell of a performance car. With the DCT box its a seriously rapid machine and would leave a Zed standing in any scenario.

Definitely didn't leave me standing ;)

A car length or 2 on the straights but caught up on the corners. Mine is UpRev'd though.

It is a shame they look so dull as its one hell of a performance car. With the DCT box its a seriously rapid machine and would leave a Zed standing in any scenario.

A car length or 2 on the straights but caught up on the corners. Mine is UpRev'd though.

With a remap he would be running close to 400bhp.

Yep but thankfully he wasn't :D

Can you really gain that much from a remap? (not a rhetorical question - I really don't know).

I think I got an extra 10 on top of the 10 the exhaust had added. or am I missing something?

2 car lengths is a big performance difference though

a friend of mine is looking at getting one of these.

Annoying as he will leave me standing at every opportunity. and thats before he remaps it.

Quick as hell.

and, can be picked up for as little as 12k!

even with a fair few mods, without going FI, he will still leave me standing.

not too sure what a FI zed would be like compared to them though?

FI cars respond much more favourably to remaps than NA ones.

FI cars in general are so much easier to tune. just changing the lower pulley on my supercharger is a 40bhp gain for a part that costs £100 thats £2.50 per 1 BHP gained

an NA zed remap is what... £300 and maybe see's maybe 20 bhp gain max so a cost of £15 per 1 BHP gained

its alot easier to get more bang for your buck with a factory made FI car, especially as lots are de tuned to meet different regs, so its easy to retune once bought

My son has one of these 135I flappy paddle gearbox ( he is in the army and has tooo much money), and it is very quick, he has the convertable version, he cant leave my 350z standing but it is def quicker in the straight line,not much diff in weight but being a convertable body flex makes it move a lot in corners and i dont feel as confident in corners as i do in the 350z, but the flappy paddle shift is very quick and seamless

Edited by azcry

If you caught him in the corners, then that's purely driving talent. Like for like, a Zed wouldn't see which way an M135i went.

I like you :blush:

Yeah guys your talking about 135i M Sports, the M135i is a totally different car B)

Those were my exact thoughts! What an absolute awesome machine.....

....in regards to that photo...Never mind walkin away, I couldn't walk towards it. It was bad looking to start with and the new ones even uglier, but people just see BMW!!! (especially younger ones ive noticed) and buy it cos its sooo kool, which btw...it isnt (yes yes everyone has an opinion but for the 1 series yours is wrong lol :lol: )

Dude, you're driving a Nissan. You're in no place to criticise a car for not being cool.

The Zed is cool.........unconventional cool but cool.

Same with a skyline.......ugly mother but gets the nod for being a cool car.

Realistically what is a cool badge?

Merc? Please!

Audi? Please see my TT for lack of coolness

Lambo? Pretentious

Ferrari? Same

Porker? Tosser

Jag? Old mans car

Nissan? You pauper

Its not the badge because very badge has a stereotype.....it's the car that makes it cool because there is a cool car under each one of those brands.

My tuppence anyway

• Like 1