What are the first mods to do to my new 350z?

RDON

morning fellow zed owners.

i will be picking up my new 350z in a few days! I would love to pick you guys brains and ask what are the first mods i should begin with and so on. it is a standard 313 07 plate. what are the best handling mods, performance mods and looks mods that would make my new lady awesome?

thanks in advance

Welcome

Id go along the lines of

Rear wiper delete

Stubby aerial

Grounding kit

NIsmo gear knob

Front plate holder delete

Thats the first £100 done :lol:

Grounding kits are a gimmick IMO and thats one cheap bodyshop filling the holes in the bumper and painting it back up for what seems to work out at next to free on that list.... unless mines the only one with 2 oddly placed holes behind the plate holder??

....... unless mines the only one with 2 oddly placed holes behind the plate holder??

You've got 2 oddly placed holes behind the plate holder ? :scare:

Yup.... I saying that mines not a hr so maybe they are different?

Only joking, they've all got the holes but the trick is to re-fix your shiny new plate over the holes with double sided tape ... looks a lot better than the plate holder :)

Before "ZEDITIS" sets in... the 1st Mod should be to your driving style...You've got to know the LADY first. ;)

and

Best £100 you can spend to start with is a tank of fuel then go for a blast and get to know the car and what it is capable of. Plenty of time for adoration and cosmetic mods once you have blown a few tanks ;)

Stubby aerial and wheel spacers and car looks so much better, then when you have a few quid get yourself some coilovers or Tein springs at the least.

Those suggestions are of course just for looks, depends what your priorities are...

Handling Mod:

Eibach front & rear antiroll bars, best bang for buck mod you can do on the Zed

BM, I'd not thought about this with all the chat I've read on coil overs and lowering springs, so I'm very intrigued.. Is it really that good a mod for a nearly stock car you'd get it done very early on the Zed list?

....... unless mines the only one with 2 oddly placed holes behind the plate holder??

You've got 2 oddly placed holes behind the plate holder ? :scare:

Yup.... I saying that mines not a hr so maybe they are different?

Only joking, they've all got the holes but the trick is to re-fix your shiny new plate over the holes with double sided tape ... looks a lot better than the plate holder :)

Yeah was going to do that but I wanted to put the plate on the grille for a cleaner lok then I seen the holes so that put a stop to that idea.

Handling Mod:

Eibach front & rear antiroll bars, best bang for buck mod you can do on the Zed

BM, I'd not thought about this with all the chat I've read on coil overs and lowering springs, so I'm very intrigued.. Is it really that good a mod for a nearly stock car you'd get it done very early on the Zed list?

I'd say so yes, I went through all the shiny bits before doing the ARBs, but I have to say I wish I had done it sooner.

Cornering has improved so much since fitting them. Roll has decreased thus enabling more speed to be held in a corner.

• 3 weeks later...

wow thanks guys for the great response!! I best start a list lol. well I have done the stubby aerial ok! but the grounding kit what is that supposed to achieve? and what and where is the best one if I choose to do it?