W11nkj's 350z - update 6/7/13

WINKJ

Hi guys, as you may have seen in one of my previous posts I am starting to invest some money in my Z as and when I can afford it.

I have done the first thing on my list and had my wheels refurbed at platinum wheel refurb in Swindon. They are not cheap by any stretch but they have done a cracking job.

Given her a clean today and have some pics...

8927654866_ba6e532c6c.jpg

Untitled by Winkj, on Flickr

8927649154_eec93c9602.jpg

8927634112_07b8f18b48.jpg

8927025753_5c2db44edd.jpg

Edited by WINKJ

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, update as mentioned!

as I get a bit more spare cash I am working through the list. Over the past couple of weeks I have been attempting some minor bodywork (which is a big step for me!) by reworking and painting the RT Performance Mines style front splitter. everything I have got on my car, which doesn't actually look much, is easily removable with no damage to the car. which is what I wanted to do with the splitter (also no visible fixing, like screws etc!! . I have managed to securely fasten it so that it can be removed and re attached with ease.

a few pics below after a wash tonight. my next plans are to get some of the side splitter jobbies from Tarmac or CS .... again which are easily removed and subtle!

9223454653_5ef8e05430.jpg

9226230892_73702662a6.jpg

9226228440_4b7478fd46.jpg

9226226132_c9c08e87f2.jpg

9223443393_ebea62e8fe.jpg

9223435457_245d44dbc3.jpg

9226202178_cecf6766f8.jpg

I've just finished painting my front lip - hoe did you fasten yours to make it detachable?

I have two screws (one each side into the wheel arch) but was simply going to bond the centre of the lip to my bumper bar with... Oh I don't know - just something sticky...

David

I've just finished painting my front lip - hoe did you fasten yours to make it detachable?

I have two screws (one each side into the wheel arch) but was simply going to bond the centre of the lip to my bumper bar with... Oh I don't know - just something sticky...

David

Hi David, a bit of hard work and learning and I managed to get it to work! (plus a few trips to get the right bits and bobs!)

as you can see in the pic I have just taken for you below ;) I used the existing bolt hole holding the plastic undertray to the front bumper. managed to get hold of a couple of brackets, one on each side, about 6cm long, then used a nut and bolt into the splitter

9232747766_cb130eca0f.jpg

9229961941_7a05c5ac22.jpg

I also attached one in the centre... (which i screwed into the bottom of the bumper .

9232745530_2e24c861a6.jpg

for the rest, I didnt want to bond it to the front bumper so I used strong adhesive number plate mounts on the centre.

hope this is of some use!

David

Hi David, a bit of hard work and learning and I managed to get it to work! (plus a few trips to get the right bits and bobs!)

as you can see in the pic I have just taken for you below ;) I used the existing bolt hole holding the plastic undertray to the front bumper. managed to get hold of a couple of brackets, one on each side, about 6cm long, then used a nut and bolt into the splitter

I also attached one in the centre... (which i screwed into the bottom of the bumper .

for the rest, I didnt want to bond it to the front bumper so I used strong adhesive number plate mounts on the centre.

hope this is of some use!

Very interesting! Clever too!

Thanks.

David