twitchy handling

volvo334

Hi all.

I am lucky enough to have just bought a new 2013 370z. I have owned two 350s in the past and bloody love em. However I do have a smal niggle with my new 370 I find that the car handles with great accurcy on a flat smooth road,but if I hit some uneven road she is very twitchy and does not inspire confidence. I had this type of problem with my first 04 350,the suspention was very track orientated,but with my 08 350 all this was sorted and I could kick arse with confidence. I would have thought that the 2013 370 would have this issue sorted. I have checked my tyre presures and a wheel alighnment was done 2000 ks ago. does any one have any ideas,I will have another alighnment done the first one might be a dud.

Thanx for the input volvo 334

the bridgestones are rubbish - MPSS seem to be the best option at the moment if its not an alignment issue

I've just changed to sessanta's and the difference is phenomenal - except they're being phased out

I wonder if there could be something faulty on the mechanical side: It seems odd that it's fine at any speed on smooth surfaces, but twitchy on bad ones. That's normally the sign of suspension that's far too hard (dampers usually IIRC), or worn suspension. Maybe a leaky damper, or a broken droplink? Easy ones to check by eye at any rate.

I've not driven a 370Z much so I don't know if they're normally a bit flighty on bad roads, I know the 350Z was too soft if anything.

the bridgestones are rubbish

370 comes with RE050A, which are very good indeed. Not quite as awesomesauce as the MPSS, but I certainly wouldn't change them unless the situation arose where all four corners were worn equally and you had to do the whole lot anyway.

370 comes with RE050A, which are very good indeed. Not quite as awesomesauce as the MPSS, but I certainly wouldn't change them unless the situation arose where all four corners were worn equally and you had to do the whole lot anyway.

ok - perhaps not rubbish but I swapped mine out once they were dead and done with - but even so, the difference is quite startling

ok - perhaps not rubbish but I swapped mine out once they were dead and done with - but even so, the difference is quite startling

I've got Ultrac Sessanta's all round on my 350 and have found them amazing in all conditions. The Wales trip highlighted to me just how good a tyre they are as they wouldn't budge from the tarmac. If MPSS are better, then they must truly be exceptional.

• 2 weeks later...

My 370z sometimes pulls a bit (tramlines) on uneven cambered roads, partially on B roads with a poor road surface. I put this down to the width of the tyres and the car getting guided by the grooves / ruts in the road. I tend to push on a bit harder, helps settle the car down. It could also be the transition from the longer wheel based 350z. It does fidget more than both my old DE and HR engines 350z.

My 370z sometimes pulls a bit (tramlines) on uneven cambered roads, partially on B roads with a poor road surface. I put this down to the width of the tyres and the car getting guided by the grooves / ruts in the road. I tend to push on a bit harder, helps settle the car down. It could also be the transition from the longer wheel based 350z. It does fidget more than both my old DE and HR engines 350z.

it'll be the bridgestones - when its time to change, don't replace with same get something else - i'm running ultrac sessantas, others are on Mitchellin Pilot super sports :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking at the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s for my impending tyre change. They seem to come in slightly cheaper than the MPSSs and get good reviews. Anyone got any experience/views of them?

Very good tyres, I used them but they didn't last as long as michelins. So you're not saving in the long run!