Custom Anodised Plenum Spacers (that's it they're ALL gone - CLOSED)

Wasso

The next batch of spacers is half way through it's manufacture stage. Where I'm hoping to provide by the end of the week the ETA of when they will be ready for anodising (final process).

Please indicate your interest with username and colour required. (Colour options are not limited to those below)

Once I'm at the pre-anodising stage I'll require payment and your postal address sent to me by PM. Although I'll let you know in advance. If for any reason you don't visit the forum that often, then please supply me with an email address so that I can contact you promptly if needed.

IMG_8837_zps50e556d2.jpg

IMG_8853_zpsa0f565f2.jpg

IMG_8987_zpsbb6fd05e.jpg

IMG_8979_zps7553e0b3.jpg

DFC75210-B094-440B-BEE6-697D29634180-2168-000001430B9B92A6.jpg

1. Smudgedon - Polished and Sealed *PAID & Shipped*

2. KyleR - Orange *PAID & Shipped*

3. Sussex Sawyers - Red *PAID & Shipped*

4. Mick-r1 - Red *PAID & Shipped*

5. martek - Orange *PAID & Shipped*

6. craig350z - Blue *PAID & Shipped*

7. dell0682 - Blue *PAID & Shipped*

8. eatonm90 - Polished *PAID & Shipping Tue 20th Aug*

9. Benedunn - Red *PAID & Shipped*

10. paulashy - Red (On Hold)

11. laidbackluke - Purple *PAID & Shipping Tue 20th Aug*

12. Munton87 - Orange *PAID & Shipping Tue 20th Aug*

Edited by Wasso
  • Like 1

Got my name down without even asking :thumbs:

Are there different shades of polished that I can go for? :p

Well i knew youd want one so to save your fingers :lol: Also you're banned from anything other than polished I'm afraid.

Ohhh :( when are they likely to be ready bud?

I would say around 3 weeks but need full conformation from two of the companies this week for the plastic feet and the spacer itself. I should have a firm date provided to you this week.

hi Ian, could i please have it in red. will you except pay pal or will it have to go through banks? please let me know and i will send the money. not on here much so for fast response mybe facebook me. :) Can you tell me where you brought your uprev2 from as i am going to be buying one of those too before adding twin turbo's. Thanks GAVIN

hi Ian, could i please have it in red. will you except pay pal or will it have to go through banks? please let me know and i will send the money. not on here much so for fast response mybe facebook me. :) Can you tell me where you brought your uprev2 from as i am going to be buying one of those too before adding twin turbo's. Thanks GAVIN

Hi Gavin, yeah I'll pop you in for a Red one. I'll let you know in FB when the time is needed for payment. The spacers themselves should be ready next week and off for polishing. I'd donut myself but it takes 2 hours for each and seems more economical to pay somebody to do it.

I'll keep you updated :thumbs:

The MREV 2 I purchased from an ex-member, but I'll get Tarmac to get in touch as he's just placed an order with Motordyne. (Presuming you have the Revup 2006?)

Revup is the term used for the 2006 as it revs higher than the pre-revup.

If you have the hazard lights button in front of the gear knob you're a revup and the MREV2 is needed alongside the spacer so all good there.

Can I be stuck on there for a red one :D

This place is gona have me broke. Lol

Don't worry I've been broke for ages since starting with just an Air Intake. I'll pop you on the list :thumbs:

Before I place an order. Apart from the different thickness, what is the difference/benefit of fitting a 1/2" spacer instead of a 5/16th spacer? Is there anything else I would need in order to fit one of these?

Before I place an order. Apart from the different thickness, what is the difference/benefit of fitting a 1/2" spacer instead of a 5/16th spacer? Is there anything else I would need in order to fit one of these?

There are no added gains with the 1/2" spacer over the 5/16, apart from an increased growl of the engine, along with the loss of your oem strut brace, as it just won't fit. The 1/2" spacer can be used for increased numbers when going FI.

In purchasing the kit, you receive everything needed for installation.

Do you need anything else? That depends if you're running a 2006 revup, where the MREV2 lower plenum is needed, as the spacer alone on a 2006 is not enough.

The spacer is a simple fit, and doesn't need any other parts or sealants for instance.

Edited by Wasso

Are these thermal spacers?

The Thermal Spacers offered by motordyne claim to only come into play in very cold climates to avoid the TB from freezing. Frankly its a load of bull, there's aluminium all over the engine bay, a thermal gasket is going to do diddly squat.

Nissan don't install thermal gaskets, so I'm far from convinced.

But the gaskets I use are of very high quality for the automotive industry. The spacer comes as one piece which costs more to manufacture, but as a result doesn't have to be joined together like the motordyne which then has weak points. Frankly they hyped up all this thermal bull to make it sound as you're doing something amazing for your car. It's as simple as generating further internal volume to increase airflow. That's it.

My spacers are made by huge company that don't mess around. Luckily in Birmingham I have a huge resource in manufacturing.

I wouldn't have one myself if I didn't think it was going to fail. I was actually glad to get rid of my Motordyne spacer.

• 2 weeks later...

Spacers received and off to them on Friday to be polished ready for anodising.

Gaskets are delivered and plastic feet in production but should be ready to collect next week some time.

So hopefully Friday next week I'll be sending PM's for payment.

Anyone else who is interested I have 24 in total, so whenever interested just let me know.