New to the z family

James5582davies

Hi guys looking at buying my first 350z this week have seen a few nice ones but just looking for some help.

Is there anything I should watch for?

The one I am thinking of buying is 54 reg done 37k miles buying from a trader for £7k full service history only 1 previous owner. Everything looks great! But I am not very mechanically minded so any tips would be great.

Thanks

James

me too! hopefully sometime in the next two weeks, found the guide section useful to work out what to expect, and with the fsh on the car work out if its already happened and repaired. hope that kinda makes sense to you, cheers, kin

I'm not mechanically experienced either and I was really scared buying my Zed a few months ago, it's the most expensive purchase I've ever made! I paid an AA dude to check it out for me and he gave me a long report which I got the garage to do some of the work before I collected. Looking back now this was an expensive choice but it saved me a few quid on the jobs they did and gave me peace of mind (which I was really pleased to have), it also gave me a list of the smaller jobs that needed doing, which I'm working through. However it comes with zero guarantees from the AA so if they miss something big, you're still on your own and it ain't cheap.

It might be a decent last resort but if you know a grease junkie they will probably help you, or, if you ask nicely on here and are lucky enough that there's an experienced Zedder near you, they might check it out with you. I was blown away by helpful and friendly everyone is here, still am.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

So much for my 350z went to sort the finance and the car sales man had worked out the wrong figures! I get one day per week off and he killed the buzz. Looking at a few on eBay now. What's a good price to pay.

I want

1) leather

2) less than 60,000 miles

3) not worried about colour

4) not worried about upgrades

5) would like 03/04 model as I don't want to pay too much.

Something that looks clean is fine. On eBay the prices seem to float from £4000 to about £8000

So much for my 350z went to sort the finance and the car sales man had worked out the wrong figures! I get one day per week off and he killed the buzz. Looking at a few on eBay now. What's a good price to pay.

I want

1) leather

2) less than 60,000 miles

3) not worried about colour

4) not worried about upgrades

5) would like 03/04 model as I don't want to pay too much.

Something that looks clean is fine. On eBay the prices seem to float from £4000 to about £8000

I would consider having a word with tradelink, and see what they could do for you. Sure they could find

Something in your price bracket and that fits your want list

:welcome: guys, I got mine the beginning of Feb I looked on Autotrader for 6 weeks I knew every car 03 models with GT pack for an average price/mileage were as follows. 80,000 miles were going for 6,000/6500 depending,on individual specs. :)