I'm an idiot. I used a scourer to get rid of bird poo....

Mooresy14

As it had dried, and now I have about 8 big scratched circles on my 350z :scare:

what an idiot I know. I bought some gun metal / grey T cut which has helped but the marks are still visible.

They are on the boot, the rear wings, the roof and car doors.

Does anyone recommend anything to restore the paint? Someone at work told me to call Nissan and ask them for some original paint which you apply to it but cant see how that would look professional.

I am highly disappointed in myself.....

have you tried caustic soda and a bag of pebbles?

that is a joke before you do it.

need a picture of the damage, if its just the topcoat you've scratched then a gentle spritz of laquer would do it. but you'd need to know what you are doing. if it was me i'd ring one of the smart repairers or take it to a body shop, they should be able to sort it fairly easily.

i think if you try and do anything more you'll make it worse.

cheers guys, will take photos of it tomorrow as out straight from work tonight.

So applying T-Cut to it daily would be making it worse?

T-cut is horrible stuff

its an abrashive and not a good one at that, on cheap old cars T-cut is fine, but on decent paintwork like the zed i wouldn't

• Like 1

Ok mate thanks for the advice. Only did it once to each mark on Sunday so will stop now.

So any pro paintwork person locally, do I just google them then? I mean what are they called?

Edit: dont worry im just being a spaz (nothing new there). I know what im looking for!

Edited by Mooresy14

Call Max protect. They are based in my showroom, (Kings Langley, Hertfordshire), and can get any scratches out you throw at them.

They will obviously need to see the car to be 100% sure of a way forward but if it can be polished, they will try. ( and they know what they are doing).

Call Janis at Max Protect and he can try and help - 07861709734 or just look on here under traders for them.

Chelmsford Essex

I Don't live in Essex, but do work in Colchester. Chuck some photos up so we can see, I have a few different polished and paint restorers that have helped scratches on my cars (and the zed) before.

I have to ask. WHY!!??

I just read the title and almost cried.... good god man lol The Zeds paint is as thin as anything, let alone taking a scrubber to it :scare: Hope you get it polished out mate! *fingers crossed*. I've still got minor fine scratchs up the a pillar and front bumper a bit from dropping a powerwash hose on it :doh: ...if we ever get some nice weather gonna give it some autoglym to try and hide them better lol

Edited by AMT

Not quite as bad as what I found on my boot lid last weekend. Buster came up with the very good suggestion to debadge the back of my car as the roadster doesn't have screws holding the Nissan badge on. So we set to work only to find to my horror that the last owner had the boot touched up and the people that did it were real cowboys.

They had taken the 350z badge and the Nissan badge off, then sprayed over the tape residue so that they knew where to put the badges back on :scare: . They even put the z upside down. Needless to say I have put the badges back on until Keyser's winter project gets under way

Chelmsford Essex

I Don't live in Essex, but do work in Colchester. Chuck some photos up so we can see, I have a few different polished and paint restorers that have helped scratches on my cars (and the zed) before.

I have to ask. WHY!!??

Dude, I have no idea. I didnt want to use my parents kettle (they were on holiday and turned the water off and heating) as I thought it would ruin the paintwork!!! I went to wash it at their house as at the flat it's not feasible!

You know when you wish you had a time machine and you want to know the lottery numbers... I think Id prefer to go back before using the scourer... screw the lottery! Id probably forget to get the numbers anyway!!

Edited by Mooresy14

i remove bird poop by soaking kitchen towel in water and laying it over the mess. it rehydrates the poop and makes it easier to wipe off. its a good temporary measure to clean the doodoo off without having to worry about a whole car clean.