A bit of Wet & Dry...

A scratches are one thing, depending on how deep, swirls are a different story.

If you're down to paint its a re-spray. Deep swirling you can remove by wet sanding but will still need to continue with a two stage polish.

Depends how deep the scratch is - but be careful using any abrasive materials on paintwork, You can polish through paint with a rotary polisher (or even a DA if your keen) - that's why they mask the corners.

Good luck if you have a go :thumbs:

EDIT: Or what Wasso said - I'm getting slow :lol:

Edited by Keyser

Done my headlights with 3 grades wet, amazing results you'll see soon but I wouldn't have the cajunas to try it on paint.

If I had bad orange peel and wanted it done I'd get a pro to do it but would be very fussy about who I gave the job

I personally wouldn't touch metal bodywork with what is essentially sandpaper unless I was doing a respray

Scaredy cat......

Something I'll be having a bash at later in the year (on a dry day of course). The results are amazing!

I personally wouldn't touch metal bodywork with what is essentially sandpaper unless I was doing a respray

Scaredy cat......

Something I'll be having a bash at later in the year (on a dry day of course). The results are amazing!

And I have the perfect car for you ;)

Edited by Steve 350z

I wouldn't be doing it on my pride and joy 2 days before the Wales meet :surrender:

+ 1

Good shout Mr G, I thought about doing something again this evening and then thought best after Wales... Just in case I feck it up!

I must have removed around 10 little scratches,marks etc by using a product called xerepol.First off you wet and dry the scratch very lightly with the wet n dry it's around 2000 it's a little better for z paint then you simply rub the area with a small amount of paste.You have to rub it quite well,if it hasn't removed what you have flatted just go again.Just go easy on the wet n dry.I have used this product on hundreds of different items its brilliant.:teeth:

I wouldn't be doing it on my pride and joy 2 days before the Wales meet :surrender:

+ 1

Good shout Mr G, I thought about doing something again this evening and then thought best after Wales... Just in case I feck it up!

Maybe I should clarify my response a bit, if it's your first time doing something like this, especially on Zed paint then i wouldn't, and not with 1500, as mentioned above 2000 or 2400 grit would be better :)