Pebble watches

twobears

Has anyone got one? Mr TwoBears collected his today (after paying an exorbitant customs fee :wacko: ). He's never actually worn a watch in all the years I've known him but, oddly, he has bought dozens of the things, each one stranger than the last ... They are all in a drawer somewhere and I am sure that this one will end up in the same drawer once the novelty has worn off. If I am right I am going to get them all out and convert them into something useful via the medium of eBay :stir: I think they will be surpassed by the next offering from Apple anyway, if the rumours are true.

We are all odd that way as i have about ten watches and never wear them :fool: not heard of Pebble but after a search i could see it as something i would buy and never use :lol: .

I must say though Apple have finally released there stranglehold on me as I've recently become a devout android user ( welcome to the darkside :evil: )

• Like 1

Hm, it's not been put in the 'dead watch drawer' yet but I give it about a week! I think it is difficult to read the time on it which is surely the main purpose of any watch?

Think watches have now become a fashion accessory item rather than a useful item for men or women . The last watch i wore for two weeks straight was a water proof one i could wear on the beach and not worry about. Lets face it our phones do everything we want still saying that when out shopping I'm always a sucker for a great looking watch :blush:

Have a few watches but would love a time piece. Unfortunately I have expensive taste and the cheapest time piece I've seen that I like is about £25,000.

Ppffee! I like nice watches too, but you cant find a watch you like for under £25k. Dude ive saw at least 500 watches i like for under £5k! But wouldnt pay more than £2k.

Have a few watches but would love a time piece. Unfortunately I have expensive taste and the cheapest time piece I've seen that I like is about £25,000.

Ppffee! I like nice watches too, but you cant find a watch you like for under £25k. Dude ive saw at least 500 watches i like for under £5k! But wouldnt pay more than £2k.

Big difference between a watch and a time piece. I have many watches. Just for fashion purposes. Different ones for different outfits. But I really desire a time piece and the cheapest one I like is about £25,000.

In the very unlikely event that I ever become rich I would never pay a ton of money for a watch. I just can't see the point of it, but that's just me.

When I was a teenager in the 80s Casio digital watches were all the rage. I picked up one of these for less than £10 on Ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-CASIO-F91W-DIGITAL-CLASSIC-RETRO-SPORTS-WATCH-BLACK-ALARM-STOPWATCH-W7-/290722658135?pt=UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL

Been working perfectly for over a year and quite a few people who remember the Casio craze have remarked on it.

I prefer small, discreet watches. I have a French designer watch that has to be serviced in France which is a pain but it is a lovely watch. I have very small wrists (although I do have massive hands :dry: ) and big watches look horrible on me. The Pebble watch is extremely ugly in my opinion and I couldn't wear it even if I really liked it for some other reason, which I don't :wacko: My brother always wears cheap Casio watches and he loves them although, again, I think they are very oversized and, sorry Sipar, terribly ugly :blush:

Different ones for different outfits. ....................................................

My Idea of a "different outfit" is when I change my T Shirt

:lol:

• Like 4

I thought that if a certain garment is thrown towards the ceiling and it doesn't stay there - its good to go the next day (quoting a certain trader) :lol: :lol:

I have approximatel 60 watches at the moment and the collection is growing. Cant help it - I'm addicted to buying watches. I'm currently bidding on 3 on ebay :p. When we go to Bali in September I'm sure that will be added to. I did resist temptation in Tenefire - I only bought 3 there lol

They are a fashion accessory and I do have one for each outfit. Same as my reading glasses - current count on those stands at 52 (desperate to find a green pair if anyone sees any - +2 please lol)

Fortunately I dont collect shoes like most other women :D

25k for a time piece, you have lost the plot mate. I like my watches and I have a few rather nice ones, but nothing over 5k as I think that is just getting ridiculous

25k for a time piece, you have lost the plot mate. I like my watches and I have a few rather nice ones, but nothing over 5k as I think that is just getting ridiculous

Totally agree, I love my watches but to say the only "proper" watch (timepiece, call it what you will) you like is £25k is just a stupid comment and shows you know nothing about them.

• Like 2

Mrs Buster, I love the idea of collecting reading glasses to go with every outfit :teeth: I have seen a travel pair in the colour you want but they are only tiny glasses that you carry in a little case. I thought they looked pretty!

I looked at pebble watches earlier in the year when i was also looking at "smart" watches. Quite a few smart watches out there, but you can bet when apple release their "iWatch" they will claim its the first one and they thought of an idea.

Ive probably got about 5 watches but tend to stick to a couple of favourite I wear on a daily basis. Most expensive one I have is about £500, but I really cant justify any more than that on a watch. I do have friends however who happily spent £5k on a watch just for daily use!

The watch I wear most is a £70 Rotary watch and ive lost count of how many people have complimented me on it thinking its some expensive watch or another!

Edited by rabbitstew

Totally agree, I love my watches but to say the only "proper" watch (timepiece, call it what you will) you like is £25k is just a stupid comment and shows you know nothing about them.

Looked at buying a time piece. Went through all the major brands and just didnt like the look of many. I didn't try to go for something expensive. I only found out afterwards when I looked up the price. Can't remember which one it was as it was a few years ago. I then decided that is not be able to afford one for a very long time so I decided to buy some fashion watches. Most expensive is £100. My most expensive watch though which I've had for about 7 years was about £750. But I love it and it's great!