Finding out average earnings for a particular job?

twobears

I am trying to find out the average rate of pay for a particular job but am getting nowhere by Googling. Does anyone know if there is a website that might provide this sort of information? The job involves sewing/piecework and the person would work from home but I can't even find any ads for a similar job where the earnings are actually disclosed :shrug:

Thanks for that but, unfortunately, that is the rate for a factory worker and I am trying to find out the rates for a homeworker. It's made even more difficult really as they are normally paid piecework rates but unless I know a rough hourly rate I can't work out how much they would earn per piece, if that makes sense? I have estimated between £7 and £12 per hour and this may be a good enough guess to be honest. I am rubbish at making these kinds of decisions though and would much prefer someone to just tell me what to do :blush:

Thanks for that but, unfortunately, that is the rate for a factory worker and I am trying to find out the rates for a homeworker. It's made even more difficult really as they are normally paid piecework rates but unless I know a rough hourly rate I can't work out how much they would earn per piece, if that makes sense? I have estimated between £7 and £12 per hour and this may be a good enough guess to be honest. I am rubbish at making these kinds of decisions though and would much prefer someone to just tell me what to do :blush:

Bring in a few imigrants, pay them minimum wage, then charge them £100 a week to sleep on the workshop floor!

Quick, someone fetch ATTAKZ a new keyboard. His seems to be malfunctioning :scare:

gettin daahn wit unedukated innit

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love keyboard warriors (unless aimed at me of course)

• Like 1

I've done a similar thing Annie, I have an outsourced worker who prints for me. Just work out how long the task takes you, add about 10% of time as they'll be slower than you, and divide an hour over how many items processed/sewn in that hour. I don't think you actually have to pay home workers minimum wage but don't quote me on that! For what it's worth, I pay my worker 70p per item which, if she concentrated on the task rather than dicking about on FaceBook/W.O.W whilst on the job, would work out as about £7ph...which I think is good going for a 17 year old! If yours is for more skilled work then I guess you'd be wanting to pay more and be more selective over staff :)

S.

Edited by Squee

Thanks Sarah, good advice :thumbs:

I was hoping for a more mature lady who had machinist experience but was now looking to work part time. I already have one teenager (my own) to control so don't think I could cope with another :surrender:

• Like 1

Ask my friend she's a seamstress also runs her own laundrette amongst other skills. She's very talented. https://www.facebook...ry.bird?fref=ts if you send her a private message, tell her Richard aka bob told you to contact her and she should help you out.

aka phreekin' bob ? where in the name of all that's proliferous did that come from ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by ATTAK Z