Thinking of selling up the TT project? :(

A9H-RX

As most of you know some Audi A3 twot wrote off my Zed. I've come to a stage where I'm running out of money to continue the TT engine transplant due to new housing commitments.. I can do it but the car is gonna be sitting around for up to 6+ months doing nothing and it pains me because I can't drive it and we're having all this lovely weather!

If I did decide to pass the beastly heart to another lucky Zed owner, I've no idea what would be a good price to pass on for without taking the p!ss. I would sell the whole thing is a whole.. Engine, gearbox, ecu, exhaust, turbos etc so it is a complete 463bhp drop in. I have invoices mounting to over 16k for fully forged engine rebuild and ASP TT conversion.

Spec list is as follows

Cosworth Pistons

Cosworth Conrods H Beam

ARP Head Studs

ARP Crank Studs

Cosworth Big End Bearings

Cosworth Main End Bearings

Cosworth Headgaskets

APS Large Baffled Sump

Twin Garrett M24 Turbos

APS Large Front Mount Intercooler

APS Twin BOV

APS Hard Pipe Kit

APS Tall Boy Intake Manifold

APS Twin Induction Kit

Braided Lines

APS De-Cat Pipes

APS Stainless Dual Exhaust System

APS Fuel Pump

APS Injectors

Uni Q Piggy Back ECU

Mapped at 0.5 Bar producing 463bhp @ the fly and 430 torque.

Will also include Large Koyo Race Aliminium Radiator

Trust Greddy Oil Cooler

Gearbox and Triple Plate Cabonetics Clutch

Defi Boost, Oil Temp & Oil Pressure Gauge

All work was carried out and maintained by DS Automotives in Aylesbury and they know the car and build very well..

Anyone know of a performance package this big sell for what sort of money?

That's a hard one, if you buy a mod like a TT system and its still in good working order it usually goes for 50 to 75% of the cost price, but no one will pay the labour charges back :(

Given that a TT 350z would probably go for around £15K if you find the right buyer, I don't think you will get as much back as you hoped for just an engine and kit.

Of course if you find someone that wants a TT setup and has just worked out they need to buy £10K in parts and yours is in good condition then you could well get £7 or £8k back :thumbs:

That's just an example I don't know what you actually paid for your kit :)

O but if you were thinking £2k for the lot can I have first dibs ;)

Stock engine is a grand

Used TT kit is £1500

Gearbox another grand but not needed

Exhaust maybe £500

Add a bit on for the engine which is an unknown quantity (not knocking you nor your engine builder, just one of those things) so call it £1800 for the engine, add the other bits on minus the gearbox and I'd be looking to pay around £4K for the whole shebang. That's my own personal maths, I've no doubt the arguments will now start! :lol:

I also suspect that's significantly under what you'd be looking for it.

Stock engine is a grand

Used TT kit is £1500

Gearbox another grand but not needed

Exhaust maybe £500

Add a bit on for the engine which is an unknown quantity (not knocking you nor your engine builder, just one of those things) so call it £1800 for the engine, add the other bits on minus the gearbox and I'd be looking to pay around £4K for the whole shebang. That's my own personal maths, I've no doubt the arguments will now start! :lol:

I also suspect that's significantly under what you'd be looking for it.

Thats close to what I was trying to say - just a bit more gently :lol:

I know its different but Ive got a forged SR20 with management for sale atm, basically a drop in 400hp package and Im asking £2600, for yours I reckon £5K is top end, although if youre throwing in the clutch thats a fair chunk of cash itself.

My view would be to try and sell the engine and turbo kit as a whole, do the gauges, gearbox, clutch, Defi's, decats, exhaust, fuel pump and possibly the management separately, theres no way youre going to see anything like the value if you bundle it all together.

If you then find the engine doesnt sell, split the turbo kit off and if worst come to worst then you can probably see nearly a grand back for the engine components alone. Things in bits always get more money than things all together :D

• Like 1

Being new to the 350z world but not tuning and coming from Rx7's it seems common place these days to split items down as you will stand more chance of selling individual items rather than a "package deal", having said that, i would advertise as a package for "x" and list all parts individually that would add up to more, so the package deal is a tempter.