Which sounds best? F-Type

Mikesding

Mmmm lovely looking car, and the noise of both the V6 and the V8 - :teeth: !

I think the base level V6 is far too much money, considering that you can get a 370z with the same power for half the price. However, its hard to do better for less than the V8 Jag. Its a shame they've moved their competitor focus more up market - i was really hoping the V6 would be a match for the boxster and Z4, in which case i'd have been able to afford it a few years down the line, but as it is now, it's going to be out of my reach for a long time :(

i would guess with the new F type they might phase the XK range out big coupes arent selling as well as 2 seaters, and when the f type does what the XK does, i fear the XK may get shelved. yes it has 4 seats but 2 of them are useless (for seats, good for storage). the XK is getting on a bit now, been in production for nearly 30 years now and so has the engine in it. the F type is the first new engine from jag in a long time. would i want one over a porsche 911.....no i'd want both :blush: i like them both, both are good cars,

and with reference to 370z's and ferraris. nissan 370Z is to Jaguar F type. what Jaguar F type is to Ferrari california ;)

They love them, they're both great cars full of character, pace and quality.

SPOILER IN TINY WRITING

Lap times for Bedford West: V6S 1:27.2, , V8V Roadster 1:25.6, V8S 1:25.2, Boxster S 1:24.2, 911 Carrera Cab 1:23.9

That makes the 911 cab, 143bhp down on power from the V8S, well over a second quicker!

That really surprised me.

Be interesting to see some times from other tracks, but that seems to suggest that a Boxster S is a bit of a performance bargain!

People like ekona, dblock and myself have been saying it for years.

I think it was Georg Kacher in Car magazine that said the current Boxster was so good it was a real threat to the 911, at a fraction of the price. That was in the context of a road drive though - which is why it surprised me that the Bedford lap times were so close.