The Dark Knight's Build Thread

Pete87

So i bought my 2005 jdm fairlady z in december 2010 with 62k on it, i wanted a uk car but due to having one leg i needed an auto and found out it was an import or no 350z for me. The car had a few mods on it when i bought it but before i bought the car i had a list of mods to order straight away. She didnt have a single bit of service history with her but she sounded and drove sweet so it didnt put me off.

This is when i first got her.

IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

Next was to get these new parts ordered, i ordered a japspeed y-pipe and de-cats, horsham developments plenium spacer, new hks air filter, viper performance coolant hoses, genuine oil filter and coolant, ngk platinium spark plugs and genuine rocker cover gaskets, oil and got to work fitting it all.

IMAG0089.jpg

12-02BB0D77-2332172-800.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

12-30CDE63C-1317767-800.jpg

12-3282BEDB-1910451-800.jpg

12-3437977A-2002204-800.jpg

I was really happy with all the new bits fitted and big service the car felt much nicer and more responcive. whilst doing the work i also found out i had Do-Luck braided brake lines and an Amuse titanium exhaust system. when i found out how much the exhaust system cost my mouth dropped so this was a great peice of news. About a week after id fitted all the new parts i put in an order for some Rota grid drifts in 19'' it took me quite alot of research to work out what widths to go for but i ended up with fronts in 9.5'' rears in 10.5'' both with an offset of ET20. Before i could fit my wheels i needed the rear arches rolling so i got Arch enimies round to do them for me.

IMAG0137.jpg

12-D65D0D51-2270296-800.jpg

whilst ordering my wheels i forgot to ask for black wheel nuts so i had to buy some along with black locking nuts i also bought a stubby aerial, carbon fiber z inserts and b pillar covers.

12-07D99754-1904023-800.jpg

12-37A148B8-1766711-800.jpg

12-3B0AF9F6-1441808-800.jpg

12-6C8783F9-1678310-800.jpg

So the performance was now abit better, a nice big service done and some nice external mods done however she was still ridding high so i did abit of research and found out that hsd coilovers were really good so i ordered a set of them, i was so excited to get them fitted.

12-6768FA1C-1671888-800.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

I set the coilovers up abit on the safe side lol and gave her a good clean and wax.

IMAG0147.jpg

So then about a week later i set them up properly, ran them in and stiffened them up by three clicks.

IMAG0157.jpg

I then had problems with my new de-cats they had fallen apart after 2500 miles so i had to take them off and get her mot'ed which she passed fine. i then took my girlfriend away for the weekend down to cornwall in the zed which was wicked this is a few pictures.

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

As japfest was coming up i treated the car to a dodo juice goodie pack.

IMAG0213.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

I also dewipered the rear as it looks alot better.

So i spent the summer enjoying her after fitting the second set of decats but then in november last year me and my girlfriend were on our way home from the cinema and the exhaust got really loud so i pulled over and the second set of de-cats had fallen apart again after another 2000 miles. As the winter was fast approching and the tax was due to run out at the end of november i decided to take her off the road for the winter so i put her in the garage.

IMAG0314.jpg

I had to change back to the factory cats and i had done 5000 miles since the last service so i also had to service her, but whilst she was in the garage for the winter i wanted to do a few more bits to tidy her up. so i decided to underseal the arches and get a front splitter and side skirts to make the outside abit more aggresive. I started to strip her down.

IMAG0317.jpg

IMAG0320.jpg

After taking all the arch liners and coilovers out i found some very light surface rust so i sanded it back to bare metal and undersealed it with three layers to give good protection.

IMAG0321.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

And then the final result after three coats.

IMAG0357.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

Then i cleaned all the coilovers and wheel arch liners up and refitted.

IMAG0385.jpg

IMAG0386.jpg

IMAG0387.jpg

Then i took all the brakes apart gave them a mental clean up sanded all the rust off the hubs and discs, greased everythin up and re fitted. when taking the front brakes apart i noticed the pads were low so i bought some Cosworth street master pads.

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0380.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

IMAG0344.jpg

So i bought an HKS oil filter and gave it a oil and filter change, new air filter replacement and aux belts.

IMAG0358.jpg

IMAG0359.jpg

IMAG0388.jpg

I recieved my splitter and side skirts from knight racer and fitted them.

IMAG0349.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

Cheers guys ive spent alot of time on her trying to make her the best she can be by using good quality parts apart from the crap speed obviously. Ive got more plans for her but its always down to funds i want a ts style carbon rear diffuser to finish the outside off and a full respray possibly in midnight purple. I havent driven her since november as i had to leave my job due to my leg its been @*!# but hopfully il have her back on the road next month.

Sweet ride B) and good effort on the maintenance. I love the side skirts, what are they called?

So you went through two pairs of Japspeed decats? Did you get a refund?

The first set they tried re welding and sent them back to me with gaps in the weld, so they sent me a new set i fitted them and then they broke removed them and got hold of japspeed spoke to them and they said they would call me back and never did so no i didnt get a refund for the second set i also had to replace the lambda sensor that was damaged when they fell apart at a cost of £80. They are side step skirts from a company called Knight Racer i also got my splitter from them and both were a good fit.

• Like 1

I keep seeing stuff about a p3 service what does it include as I have done a lot what else do I need to do diff and gearbox oil?

There's a checklist in the 350Z Service Manual. The link is here, it's very useful.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/2726-350z-service-manual/

I don't think it's much above and beyond what you have already done, mainly more in depth checks.

Nice looking Zed - can I ask why you changed the gaskets on your rocker cover? Was it just for general maintenance?

I keep seeing stuff about a p3 service what does it include as I have done a lot what else do I need to do diff and gearbox oil?

There's a checklist in the 350Z Service Manual. The link is here, it's very useful.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/2726-350z-service-manual/

I don't think it's much above and beyond what you have already done, mainly more in depth checks.

Nice looking Zed - can I ask why you changed the gaskets on your rocker cover? Was it just for general maintenance?

I changed the rocker gaskets because one of them was leaking so thought I would change them whilst the plenium was off.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

No sorry that was before the spacers mate give me half hour il go get multiple pics of my car and post them on your thread. And yeh the cat was so funny when my new bits came she was on heat and was trying to **** the new parts lol.

No sorry that was before the spacers mate give me half hour il go get multiple pics of my car and post them on your thread. And yeh the cat was so funny when my new bits came she was on heat and was trying to **** the new parts lol.

Haha - I didn't even notice the moggy!

I'm glad you said you hadn't put them on, as I was hoping for a little more poke than this. But it looks great!

Not much has happend lately really but thought id update the thread as ive done a few small things.

gave the exhaust a good old clean and got some pics of it as i havent any on here.

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0457.jpg

And my brother asked me to take him to his wedding in her so that was an honor.

IMAG0467.jpg

Then i went to japfest got a new sticker some people love it some hate it.

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0002_1.jpg

Mine and a mates 33GTR with 580 BHP and the r34 gts has 520BHP

IMAG0005.jpg

My japspeed y pipe started leaking at the flexi joint so with thanks of cougar store they quickly got me a cobra pipe. Ive now fitted it but its blowing where the y pipe meets the rest of the system so still need to sort this out.

IMAG0018.jpg

Hopfully i find a job soon then i can start to do more things to her like the engine and gearbox oil coolers and a diffuser.