Citizenship Test

Guest prescience

Guest prescience

Might've seen this on the news; I got 6 and narrowly escaped being put on a plane at Heathrow :blush: Potential citizens get the guide and an opportunity to study it, but the test below is 'blind'

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4099770.stm

How does mugging up on what clearly a cr*p publication and then answering questions based solely on that constitute being suitable to be a citizen :rant:

Guest prescience
11...... got wrong the one about solicitors :teeth: and I always thought Father Christmas came from Lapland (or was that pole dancers :blush: )

Me too, not many fooking reindeer at the north pole are there :dry:

How the **** am I supposed to know how many Scots there are

:lol: I thought the population ratio question was the only relevant question in the whole test!!

My 6 year old niece could tell you approximately how many English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish there are in the UK. Unfortunately, the other 3 nations of our great alliance don't matter to some. :dry:

However, I doubt she'd know her rights if she got arrested for fighting in the pub or indeed the protocol for spilling someone's pint. :)

I'm quite proud to say I got 6 in what is quite frankly a bull***t test. How on earth can we admit people into the country based on this crap? What a joke. Especially given that they've also got all the reading material first. Yeah offer to buy someone another pint, oh but pick you teeth up as you get up off the floor first.

I wonder what the tests are in say France, Germany, Italy, Spain, hell anywhere - I bet they're a damn sight harder than that.

And I also bet that the test is offered in any number of languages - thats something else that grates me :rant:

Its wonderful to see that the government spends my taxes in such a great way.