Looking for a Z - does anyone know this car?

Hi all,

Currently coming to the end of winter (I hope!) so looking into getting shot of my mk4 R32 and getting a 350Z.

I've done a lot of reading so far on the forums, been great help! However, I've come across this one not too far from myself at A/C and was wondering if anyone knew the car?

download%20(1).jpg

download.jpg

Awaiting a response from the dealer to get an idea of owners, service history, etc - as much as they can tell me really. It's done a relatively average 48k, so I'm guessing I should be looking for it having had a major service recently? And possibly a new clutch? What else should I ask them? I'm guessing it's unlikely they have much paperwork other than the service book!

Anyway, I'm guessing that's the Nismo V1 kit on it? Any way of telling if that's factory fitted? I find it odd that it's not on Rays, wondering if it fell just before they came as standard? Looks like it might be a bit lower than stock, and also like it's got a non-standard exhaust? The clear reflectors make me think it's either been modded, or looked after by an enthusiast - hence my trying to see if anyone on here knows the car!

Obviously my best bet would to be to go and have a look and a drive but I've no time as I'm away to Australia for 2 weeks on business! 2 weeks of snooping for info about it anyway I suppose :)

Look forward to anyones help - thanks in advance!

Don't know it personally but would tend to agree that it's a modded standard car and the Rays or other wheels were sold and the standard rims put back on. Tell us where it is maybe a local member will go and take a look for you. :)

Dont know the car but it looks good.

Yes that is the Nismo V1 kit, I guess you could call the dealership it was bought from and they should be able to confirm if it was ordered with the Nismo kit.

It has definitely been lowered and as for the wheels I'd say it had some bigger wheels on it as some point and when it was traded the stock ones were put back on. Only reason I say that is i've done that before and it does look like its unfinished with the wheels.

Exhaust looks stock to me but hard to tell without seeing the backbox.

Make sure it is a 313 car and not just had the bonnet fitted.

Good luck with it!

Cheers for the replies so far guys! It does look very tidy from the pictures, all the lines seem right!

Hadn't occured to me that maybe standards were put back on for the trade in! Guessing possibly owner sold rays for something nice then bought those ones to trade in?

I'm based in Aberdeen! Car is at Arnold Clark in Kemnay!

That's odd it was registered at AC in Dundee - would they have had the car from new as a demo car or something? When I get some info back I'll ring the original dealership!

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Well it has surely been looked after by an entusiast as the badges have been changed from Nissan to Z burgers. CS is bang on on the wheel info and it is missing the centre caps on the alloys as well. I would guess he sold the aeriel and put the orignal back on also. My money would be that there is no bluetooth dongle fit to it anymore either.

Looks very tidy

Well it has surely been looked after by an entusiast as the badges have been changed from Nissan to Z burgers. CS is bang on on the wheel info and it is missing the centre caps on the alloys as well. I would guess he sold the aeriel and put the orignal back on also. My money would be that there is no bluetooth dongle fit to it anymore either.

Looks very tidy

They must have really cashed in on swapping the aerial back :thumbs:

Does look like a lovely motor.

Cheers guys, giving me high hopes for this motor! Hopefully it's got a decent service history! I guess I'll be able to contact Nissan and see if it's been subject to recalls / original supplied car, etc?

What's the scoop with the aeriel? I won't be able to use the bluetooth?

Looks very tidy

They must have really cashed in on swapping the aerial back :thumbs:

Does look like a lovely motor.

In my opinion, if someone is gonna be that cheap to swap eveything back, has he/she possibly saved money in other areas? May not be well looked after as originally thought.

Welcome to the forum... :)

As its an 07 plate car it should have been fitted with RAYS as standard unless the 19" Nismo wheels were opted for when bought new, which could have been sold separately before putting the standard wheels on... :)

Sounds feasible. Maybe he bought those standard wheels to put winter tyres on them? Anyway, loving the colour, Universal Silver is surprisingly rare on a 350Z.

Pete

What's the scoop with the aeriel? I won't be able to use the bluetooth?

Most people change the aerial over to an s2000 stubby or RDX aerial (can be bought from a couple of our traders here) as they think the original aerial makes the car look more like a dodgem due to the length.

8636315097_e77f125a46_b.jpg

dodgem by p_h_7, on Flickr

The bluetooth adapter refers to the steering wheel hansdfree system and is located in the storage compartment by the handbrake. There is a phone cradle in there which can be swaped out. The normal phone cradle is for old nokia phones so people like to put the universal bluetooth dongle in there. Due to the demand for bluetooth adapters it is usually one of the items pulled from a vehicle and sold sepeartely as they can go anywhere from £60-90 per unit.

CradleAdaptor.jpg

Looks like a nice car. As others have said, that car would have come with the 18" Forged Alloy Rays wheels as standard. According to the 2006 Nissan Press Release I have, all 350z`s from 2006 onwards in the UK had them as standard. Prior to this, they were a £1000 extra. Good news is, Rays wheels arnt expensive and you can easily pick up another set cheapily and recoupe some money by either selling those wheels off, or just keep them for winter use.

Its the 313HR one, so certainly the one to have and that bodykit sets it off nicely. From what I can see that looks like the standard exhaust.

Aside from checking the service history has been done correctly. P1, P2, P1, P3, P1 and repeat. P1 is minor (cheap) and P2 / P3 are essentially the same and are major (expensive). At only 48k miles, id expect some of those services to have been done by year rather than mileage, but even so they should all add up. I sold my 313HR at 44k miles and it was just coming up to a major service, so that one might be similar.

One thing you want to make sure of is that since its a 2007 model, it will be due a spark plug change this year, so make sure this is done as they arnt cheap, nor the easiest things to get to. Theres no cambelt to worry about on these, and the clutch shouldnt be a problem at that mileage.

I would also have a look at the drive belt on the front of the engine - you can easily see this when you open the bonnet. My 313HR used to shred this every 20,000 miles, Nissan didnt know why as none of the pulleys or tensioner were worn or mis-aligned. I replaced mine with a heavy duty Gates belt in the end. The belt isnt expensive and is an easy 5 minute DIY job to replace.

• Like 1