Car alarm keeps going off

bubbagross

Hi all. Got a problem, car alarm keeps going off when sat in the driveway. Nothing obvious I can see. Any pearls of wisdom?

Anyone else had a problem with alarm

Warranty ends in April so will get it into dealer but just wanted to check nothing obvious ??

Cheers

Check the usual suspects.

In heavy winds the air can come in through the vents, so turn the vents to recirculate.

Some alarms can be triggered by drops in voltage, so check the condition of battery.

That's all I can think of.

I'm sure others may have other suggestions.

Check the usual suspects.

In heavy winds the air can come in through the vents, so turn the vents to recirculate.

Some alarms can be triggered by drops in voltage, so check the condition of battery.

That's all I can think of.

I'm sure others may have other suggestions.

Agreed. If you've got an air freshener on your rear view mirror that is moving around slightly this could be the cause.... or you might have a bug trapped inside like a fly or a moth etc.

Check to make sure the neighbours haven't just installed a new wireless doorbell as well. Seriously.

If I were to catch my neighbours installing a wireless door bell to my Zed, well.... :rant:

• 1 month later...

My Alarm goes off frequently. Been doing it for about 18 months now! Still does if ultrasonic sensor turned off. My car is now out of warranty - dealer couldn't find a problem when it was in warranty.

I'm going to start keeping a log of the times to see if there is a pattern, but I think it's just random. If it was my neighbours car I'd be really annoyed - about 50 people must hear it every time.

Edited by Rob Gaskin

For starters, try switching off the motion sensor (behind the passenger seat) and see if that makes any difference. You will need to 'de-activate' each time you leave the vehicle.

Otherwise, as advised at post 74 here:

http://www.350z-uk.c...on/page__st__60

For starters, try switching off the motion sensor (behind the passenger seat) and see if that makes any difference. You will need to 'de-activate' each time you leave the vehicle.

Otherwise, as advised at post 74 here:

http://www.350z-uk.c...on/page__st__60

Yes have tried turning off the motion sensor each time I park and it didn't make a difference, also read your previous link etc.

What I am now trying to understand is if the alarm goes off when the car locks itself. As you know these cars lock themselves if you forget to do so e.g. last night when the alarm went off I unlocked the car with the key I keep at the side of my bed for those moments. I didn't relock it but this morning the car is locked. What I need to understand is if when the car locks itself it 'arms' the alarm. If not I may just leave it to lock itself when I'm at home.

I THINK the alarm is too sensitive to vibration or noise. My neighbour set it off when bouncing a ball once and I've set it off when walking past with a trolley jack. I read the manual to see if I could reduce the sensitivity of the alarm (like you can with house alarms) but you can't.

It is such an irritation and embarrassment.

The car should only lock itself if you have remotely unlocked it but then did not open the doors or boot. Otherwise on mine the car stays unlocked/unarmed until it is locked again.

Might be worth trying tape over the internal sensors to see if that makes any difference :shrug:

• 7 months later...

Hi guys any ideas if this was resolved ??and if so how?.... I took delivery of my z on Friday pm and the alarm has gone off each night for no apparent reason.

Even tonight with the motion sensors turned off once I learned about them.

I live in a small cul de sac and neighbours not happy as has a newborn.. So I've squeezed it into our garage to keep the noise down a little!

Any suggestions? Can't see the dealers getting me in before New Year! I am assuming this sort of thing will be covered by the cared4 warranty...

Anyone know of a z that used to have private reg plate k155oft (I think) on it? Now --59mfj (can't remember)

I am wondering if it could be related to the position of this parking sensor beeper? I noticed today when it rained the car got very misted up on the inside as if we had a leak. And the boot doesn't seem to fit level when closed?.

th_B7FA5E34-872B-42A1-9029-191F9454004D.jpg

Edited by Brayster

• 1 month later...

The alarm problem I've had with this car is annoying but seems to be less frequent these days and is tolerable. However yesterday my car emitted a high pitched, low volume, warning type sound from the rear nearside corner behind the rear light. Well that's what my son and neighbour told me and it sounded for about an hour - no flashing indicators or anything so from the houses it didn't appear to be a car noise. I was away in another car but fortunately my lad had access to my keys (I don't think he'd drive it!) and was able to switch the sound off by unlocking the car.

The only noise of that type I have had is when it's telling me to put it in 'Park' - it's a semi-auto.

Any ideas?

There is a black "box" with wires coming out nr the left hand rear light under the foam that holds the jack / wheel brace. I haven't looked worked out/ what it is yet on my car as when I look at pics on us forums it's not there...

Could this be the alarm? Could water have got to it or have u disturbed a connection?

I have read the connection become corroded hence on other forums and that affects the alarm...

Mine kept doing it. . I even put a post up for it . .

I took it for a decent drive with feet bowers on full on hot and window open just a crack to try and dry the car out and it's stop doing it now.

I'm putting mine down to moisture in the car. . .

Might be a idea to try it.

• 2 weeks later...