370z Amuse replica kit

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Considering the original is around 4k plus.

What would you pay for a good replica and how many 370z owners would genuinely be interested ?

Just general chit chat really, I personally do not like replicas, had some bad experiences, apart from well known manufacturers such as 3d carbon and PU lips but I feel Original parts are too pricey this day in age. Amuse have said that the 370z kit is possibly going to be the last aero kit they design due to all the knock offs that get produced.

Would you save up the money for an original and support the likes of Amuse who bring us these amazing designs ? Or would you prefer to save money and buy replica parts.

I'm interested in people's comments as I think apart from PU lips I'm not going to sell aero parts anymore

Obviously being for the 370 it doesnt apply to me, but £4k for a couple of bumpers and side skirts is daylight robbery in my opinion. Lots of performance companies massively over price they're products. I'm tired of seeing a nice lip for the 350 only to find out it cost over £500, FOR A FRIGGING LIP! Or the Top Secret diffuser which is about £1300 and replica's are literally half the price.

I understand there is an amount of R&D involved and thats stacks the price up a bit, but then I look at RT and the work that went into they're under tray and they're selling it for £300. Fair enough its fiberglass and not CF, like the TS diffuser, but thats not 4 times the cost to produce.

I believe if manufactures charged more reasonable prices then people would be more likely to save up a bit longer to buy the real deal, rather than buy knock offs. I personally would rather pay around £1000-£1500 on an authentic kits than £500ish on an eBay replica. But because an authentic kit costs over £2k for most good makes, I and others are stuck trying to find the best price vs quality replica kit for under a grand.

Another example is the Mines CF lip, over £600 but there are perfect replicas around for about £300, I know which i'd choose.

I can only stress how much we need traders like you to continue supplying aero parts. I've never heard a bad word about fit and quality of any parts supplied by any of the traders here, replica or otherwise. We need you guys to help us make our cars truly our own without having to remortgage! :thumbs:

I love you guys :cloud9:

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1

I've never heard a bad word about fit and quality of any parts supplied by any of the traders here, replica or otherwise.

Not entirely true, I've bought a nismo decal from Tarmac that he promised will give me 38 BHP more, but when I had the dyno done, they were no showing, but only a little pony, although the sticker was fitted correctly! :lol:

Back to topic, not looking to get a 370z at all, never ever, but if I ever did, I'd get the Amuse kit all day long! Best body kit for 370z IMHO. And if the fitting is right, why not a replica, specially when the price is half of the original :)

Originals are supposed to be the perfect fit and I would defo by the original if I could afford it.

"IF" being the operative word there. I would buy all original if I could too, but I can't, so copies it is unfortunately,

• Like 1

Lets got 1 thing straight. What frigging R&D do these guys put in? These aero parts are purely for form rather than function! It's not like they have to wind tunnel the design etc. I this modern they age age of CAD etc its makes parts design quite easy and labour unintensive. Yes they have to make prototypes then approve it before making moulds but from then onwards its just minting money. RTP for example may produce very good copies by cleaning up existing parts then making up their own moulds to churn out perfect fitting parts, it's not a long way to design from scratch and keep the prices reasonable.

The issue is the industry has enjoyed a long time of plenty when the punters spent silly money on the cars for branded products but the wind of change has put an end to this and the ARC etc are all falling like flies.

I would pay for a fairly price part but would not hesitate to get a competitively priced replica of comparable quality.

Hopefully as we all do this it will force the big guys to start pricing competitively too.

When you add on the cost of paint and fixing it does become a bit eye watering, so it is only going to bought by those with very deep pockets or those enthusiasts who will take the hit no matter what. In the current financial climate those owners are limited.

So given the 370 has sold in far fewer numbers than the 350's, I suspect the writing you have have seen on the wall Chris about the potential number of kits you might sell is sadly going to be the case......

But would you pay between £1500-£2000 for a quality replica made in Taiwan ?

Still seems a lot to me.

You would need some deep pockets to pay that and then a fair bit more to get it fitted properly and painted to a good standard....

Would look stunning in the right colour though as has been said many times before...

Chris I think you should get a 370 and get the full kit fitted as an advertisement for Tarmac Sports :teeth:

You might sell some of the replica kits when the s/h price of the 370 gets down to (say) sub £8k and it attracts more of those into modding (as we have seen with the 350's) or perhaps a bent one that needs front and rear bumpers, but otherwise...... :shrug:

• 1 year later...

Tarmac, there is definitely a market for the spoiler!! i don't know why anyone doesn't do it. other companies in the uk offer the front back and sides but not the spoiler. seems strange.

anyways i would buy a replica spoiler if you made one